• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I promise I am not using any metagame tactics here

and to make up completely for the despotic GA:

[EDIT]now all that I need is some iron...[/EDIT]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Krill; August 4, 2004, 16:25.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

OK, that was pay back for getting me into this mess. Dom is too far ahead in tech for that too work again, but, what the hell, it was fun

How to annoy Dominae

1) trade math and 12g for writing, HBR and peace with German tribes,

2) trade math f0r 105g and peace with Eygpt,

3) trade math for 147g and peace with babs,

4) make embassy with GT, trade currency, 98g and alliance against Rome for Lit, philo and myst

5) trade math and lit for peace and 27g with Persia,

6) trade math for peace and 2g with the Celts,

7) Make an Embassy with the Babs, trade currency, 1gpt and alliance against Rome for alliance and 7g with the Babs,

8) Make an Embassy with the Egyptians, trade currency, 2gpt, and alliance against Rome for alliance and 6g with the Eygptians,

9) Make an Embassy with the Persians, trade Currency and alliance against Rome for alliance,

10) make an Embassy with the Celts, trade Currency and alliance against Rome for alliance.

Basically, The tables have been turned...

the only way for Dom to get math and Currency is to trade with Carthage, if they can obtain it from the other AIs. This should throw a spanner in the works for him...
      Last edited by Krill; August 30, 2004, 17:29.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Hector as a Greek MGL?

I should really start looking at the MGL names and modding them; they are idiotic.
        * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
        * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
        * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
        * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Krill, do you have an FP in place?
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

no, I only have 5 cities, so I can't use the second MGL yet

I lost one to Persia, and stopped building settlers (mostly) so that I could have a larger pop to reserch Currency with, so that I could use it to bribe the AIs. I am about to start REXing again down south, which looks like the only open space, and build the FP down there, probably with a rush, or get a second 3xhoplite army, or 2xsword 1xhoplite army when/if I connect iron.
            Last edited by Krill; August 31, 2004, 10:41.

Comment

AU 601: Peace Treaty

From Dominae:

Ok, my terms for peace:

1. I give you Polytheism and Map Making.
              2. You let me recapture Pompeii next turn.
              3. We agree not to enter any alliances with the AIs against each other for a period of X turns (TBD).

I believe this will put you well ahead of me technologically (which, as you know, is important on Demigod).

Let me know.

I'm lucky enough to get this favourable peace treaty since I captured Pompeii with that 3x hoplite army I have. As soon as I had peace from the AIs, and an RoP with Persia, I marched over to Roman land with the army, planning on pillaging as much land as possible. If I was going to go down, I was going to drag Dom down with me . Other things were going to happen to the army, though

It seems that Persia was eating away at Doms' southern cities, and Doms army was stretched up north as well. Persia was sitting outside an undefended city, and I just struted on in

But I am open to suggestions...
              Last edited by Krill; September 1, 2004, 11:44.

Comment

this looks interesting

can you post some scores and minimaps? last one was nearly a month ago

well done on your leader farming! how many elite victories did you have approximately?

and does persia have iron in your game?
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

1) Persia has no iron.

2) about 4 victories. I can afford to lose the army in Rome and still build another...

3) I will post a ton of screenies, since Dom and I are about to leave the game.

Comment

you have 4 elite victories and now already 2 leaders??? wow!

why leave the game? is it finished or are you stopping it?

Comment

The victories/leaders really was flukey, and at first I was afraid that people would believe that I was reloading to get the leaders and results that I wanted/needed...

We are both leaving the game since we know that Demi is too high; The AI is already in the MA, and we are no where near them...We also have RL troubles (no idea of Doms, but I start college a week on tuesday...)

Comment

not much you can do with reloading as you'd always get the same results. probably you could try various combinations of regulars, veterans and elites, but even then 50% can't be guaranteed. you just got really lucky
                        (edit: i was lucky with my hutpopping... 3 techs or so and not a single barbarian... i was worried too that it may be blamed with reloading)

i can understand that demigod is too hard. especially with the AU mod and you two disrupting each others peace with the AI (in SP you could go for peaceful expansion and techbrokering).
                        on the other hand, monarch level AUmod was no challenge at all. so i guess that leave emperor as the only good choice. maybe we should have the AUmod include an intermediate difficulty level between emperor and demigod (as c3c put that inbetween emperor or deity).

good luck at your studies (what's the major?)! i'm finished in 5 weeks

Comment

Sabre, those are my A levels, the equvilent to the IB. I am only 16. Give me 2 years before I decide on the major and good luck, I hope you got/get a good grade

Regarding the Reloading, If you have cats, you can use them to drain off the bad RNG results, and then you can mix between low attack point units (IE archers) and stronger units (swords). I only know of this because it was used in th ISDG by one side (GCA, or The GameCatcher Alliance). We beat them...

And our game was stock rules, but that was to difficult due to the 2 settlers for the AI at the start. AU emperor is the fairest, I think.

Comment

The pics...

The Homeland

The Battleground

F1

F3

F6

Last edited by Krill; August 30, 2004, 13:20.

Comment

Really Good Game

I think you would live longer than Rome, and therefore are the winner in that sense. And if you had enough patience and manipulated the AI, you might even catch up on tech and pull off the victory. Good job.
                              Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X