Just my 2 cents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my 2 cents

I've enjoyed playing as the Hittites (and against them) because in most of my games the 'wheeled' handicap doesn't seem to be much of a handicap. In even the most mountainous of terrain there's almost always a pass. Jungles are the killer though; there's rarely a path through them. Unfortunately, the AI doesn't seem to get the military engineering aspect of road building. On the other hand, it does cause a player (AI or human) to play according to the environment. (You may wantto invade Babylon, but the Creator has decided for you that the Ottomans to your north shall be your victims... Hebraic Prophesy in a computer game?!)

Essentially, the 3-man Chariot is a fast Numidian Mercenary. Both allow for cost-effective invasions and the speed of the 3MC allows for minimal-cost/reactive defenses (a la Zulu Impis). The added speed is offset by the 'wheeled' handicap. Remeber, the 3MC has the best defense enjoyed by most other civs until the Middle Ages AND it's fast.

Like most early UUs, its reign is short but with a defense of 2 & withdrawl ability it can be used as reasonable fodder in Middle Ages invasions. If there are any changes I'd like to see, it would be the zero-range bombardment but if that were done, I'd want to see the same added to the War Chariot.

Besides, it's a big ol' honkin' SOB and it's fun watching your war machines rumble through your enemy's lands, trampling citizenry underfoot.
    "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
    "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
    "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Ignore this. It was supposed to be on the 3-man Chariot thread.
    "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
    "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
    "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Working...
    X