AU 503 DAR 3: Contact with all civilizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried attaching the file now

it is 800 x 600, which I think is the correct size?
    Attached Files

Comment

I see you have most of your grassland, and shielded grasslands irrigated. You should mine them instead.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I was not able to produce enough in this game, for a war or builder strategy.

I have been rereading the strat guides and DARs: I had misunderstood the food / production priority for the early stages, and come away with the impression it was as simple as food=good. This does not matter so much on a map with an easier start, because whilst it hinders the early game, it works well with cities and clearly is great after steam and RR. I have been able to pull back into contention during the later eras once the towns went to cities, and not noticed the extent to which I had hindered myself.

This map has exposed this little weakness as well as many others, as it is critical to get the early game right. I have found this course to be concerned with much more than just pillaging; if I dont manage the ancient era well, I will be too far behind in the later stages game.

Comment

Originally posted by The pirate
          I have found this course to be concerned with much more than just pillaging; if I dont manage the ancient era well, I will be too far behind in the later stages game.
          Good!! With insight, understanding.

This is the point that Nathan made in the very first DAR... this was a MUCH harder game/course than most anticipated, especially if one tried to stay with the theme.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
          X