AU 503 DAR 2: Up to 1000 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused about that, Strollen...
    The temp-city is purely so you can get irrigation from the lake to the desert, not so you can expand to the jungle.

I may have misunderstood what you were saying about not planting a city on that hill to get irrigation through.

And, even though you _could_ use a temp city, this early on, it might be worth it to keep around for slow builds on units, if nothing else.

Anywho, it was just an idea.
    "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

My mistake.. It seemed to me that everybody placed a "real" city on the hill in order to irrigate the desert. It is good city location so I am not sure why you wouldn't make it a permanent.

I was considering placing a temporary city by the hills north of the Mongol territory in order to irrigate the jungle area from the south. (You can also irrigate the junge from lake near the iron in the north.) My realization was that you really don't need to irrigate the jungle much because of the difficulties in clearing the land.

Comment

Ah, right. I was purely thinking of core expansion and the need for water. Yes, I put a permanent city there for a few reasons - 1, it fit in my empire; 2, I needed water badly; 3, it looks like a likely Ironworks city; 4, it's strategically important to me - any invaders would have to wade through jungle, mountain, hills to get to me, and my Chasquis would have a movement advantage through much of that area if needed.

Had that spot not fit in my plan, I probably still would have planted a city there and just done the same thing I've done with it so far - build a barracks and crank out the units, since it's much closer to the front than most of my other cities, it makes a good barracks camp for a long time, even if I never do anything other than barracks+units and abandon it in the Industrial Age to free up tiles. But I'm hoping for Coal in the radius.

Of course, if I can't get any data off my "dead" hard drive, I won't likely finish this one out any time soon.
        "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Stock Rules; Emperor

Part 2 of 7

The great Incan empire – all of one city, Cuzco – was launched into a golden age. Cuzco soon gave birth to additional settlements to the north, and many workers were trained in order to bring fresh water north from Lake Chasqui (renamed in honor of early victories). In the meantime, the Chasquis themselves raced across mountains and hillsides, pillaging Mongol irrigation, roads, and mines. Although the Mongols had established several settlements, no workers were available to improve the land, and soon only one grasslands where cattle grazed boasted any improvement whatsoever. The lack of a native road network meant that the Chasquis could continue on hit and run attacks without fear of assault from the slower moving Mongol fighters.

Despite the small size of the Incan empire, the rich commerce surrounding Cuzco and the productiveness of the early golden age powered Incan science through Writing and the discovery of Philosophy. With a more organized theory of Philosophy understood, the Incans immediately developed a Code of Laws. Pachacuti directed his scientists to develop a more modern form of governance, the Republic, but slashed science spending to the bare minimum.

In 1600 BC, with the numbers of Mongol forces growing slowly but surely, and the lack of appropriate targets for the remaining pair of Chasquis, Pachacuti consented to peace with Temujin, giving up Philosophy in exchange for knowledge of Iron Working and 52 gold.

In 1175 BC the scourge Mursilis demanded the knowledge of Code of Laws and declared war when Pachacuti refused such an intemperate demand. Unfortunately, a well-developed Hittite road network allowed a Hittite three-man-chariot to destroy a Chasqui, and Pachacuti could hear the roars of a Hittite golden age all the way from Cuzco. Short of Chasquis or other forces, and fearing a strengthening Mursilis to the south, Pachacuti elected to ally with the Mongols against the Hittites. Although the cost was high, Pachacuti hoped that a slugfest would weaken both Mursilis and Temujin, and maintain an equilibrium of power favorable to the Incans so as to allow greater expansion and the colonization of the jungles to the south of the great desert.

Shortly before 1000 BC, the Incan empire consisted of 5 cities – the north had been largely settled and even then irrigation was being brought to the northern horn. The Incan citizens enjoyed supplies of ivory and dyes, and eyed expectantly a supply of silks at the far reaches of the southern jungles.

Catt
          Attached Files

Comment

AU503 replay, Monarch, AUmod

Our worker guards our empire from harm.
            Attached Files

Comment

AU503 replay, Monarch, AUmod

On the next turn a Mongol warrior and a Hittite warrior arrived at my border. Production in our Southern city was changed to a warrior. On the next turn our 1st military unit is made just in time. A round of warriors was ordered and produced allowing us to extend our pillaging campaign.

I did well in my attempt too delay starting my GA. Lots of hit and runs allowed me to capture 3 workers and pillage all Mongol lands before our 1st battle. A few turns into my GA we founded 2 cities to the North and started building our 1st buildings; a Granary, and a barracks. Having run out of Mongol things to steal and destroy I decide to start a campaign against the Hittites.

A Hittite worker was 1st to go. Unfortunately he never makes it to his new job, however he serves as a great distraction before his untimely demise. I’m able to pillage ½ of the Hittite empire before my scouts are lost to archers. A second round of pillaging occurs later with a batch of scouts retreating from Mongol lands. This will probably be the last of my pillaging raids. There are too many Mongol and Hittite archers to contend with now.

The Vikings got a pillage pass from me. They have one good city (In fact the only AI city that did not get pillaged). The Mongol capital is also thriving despite my pillaging efforts.
              Attached Files

Comment

This is the mpa PR asked me to post
                Attached Files
                So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Theseus DAR 2 report

Comment

Thanks, alexman.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

AU Mod
                      Monarch

2070 BC - the Volcano by Kazan is now active
                      2030 BC learn IW - and it seems the Hitties must have learnt it the same time....Iron near the next city location, so now I need some warriors. A CS gets attacked by a Mongol archer, and gets promoted!
                      1700 bc start chopping the forest to speed the settler, now the granary has completed. I have lost both other CS to the Mongols.
                      1650 BC sign a peace deal with the mongols - SoD spotted, and I am a long way from being able to defend it.
                      1600 BC buy Writing from the Mongols for 173 g + 2 gpt. Sell it to the HItties for The wheel and 25 g (all), and then sell IW (which Mongols and Hittites have) to the Vikings for HBR - TECH PARITY, but no cash, and only two cities....
                      1575 BC Cuzcon is working on a Curagh, and Tiwanaku a settler, then granary
                      1550 BC Manchu Pichu is founded, allowing water to the north....Immediatly starts work on a worker..
                      1525 BC Hitties have Ploythesim, and no one else does, but I cant buy it for 36 and 7gpt. Need cash for embassies, and then diplomatic agreements. WOuld like the Mongols to be at war with the Hittities - who seem more powerful
                      1450 BC cuzco builds a curragh, and now settles down to pump settlers.
                      1350 bc Ollantaytambo founded on a silk to the north...
                      1300 BC sell mysticism to the Vikings for 25 gpt, and up the research on Maths to 90%, will reasearch it in 16 turns, and have no cash...
                      1250 BC curragh sunk by barbarians!
                      1225 BC - gamble The Hittities are the power on this continent, and I have a chance to bop a worker, but it will mean war, and I cant get the Vikings or Mongols involved...
                      1200 BC the Vikings declare war for 20 gp, my mathematics fund...
                      1075 BC and now the Mongols and Hittities have declared an Alliance against me!
                      825 BC researched Maths, and arranged peace, and map making for peach with the Hittiies for Mathes, 17 g and 4 gpt. Peace with the Vikings whose cheeky warrior is heading for my capital for maths, and literature and 10gpt in return. Just down Polythesim

Forgot to take a screen shot, will see if I have an old save

Comment

Working...
                      X