Clear All

Would someone send the attachment thru regular e-mail

I kept on getting a done screen, but no file

PREXT at msn dot com

Who will be the hero?
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

It's probably your ad-blocking or pop-up blocking software.

I get the same thing unless I disable my ad-blocking software (I use the Norton Internet Security Suite 2004).

Be patient. You'll have to stare at an ad for about 15 seconds before the download begins.

Comment

Originally posted by ducki
        Perhaps, but I bet you use complete sentences.
        Your impressed with complete sentences? Hell I wish I could just have a complete thought

While I'm at it the ability to spell would save me a lot of cut and pasting from Word.
        Last edited by Jawa Jocky; May 28, 2004, 10:24.

Comment

Is no one playing / finishing this game?

I count 4 post-game commentators, and a few additional commentators into the late DARs.

Surely others haven't abandoned the game?

Post your DARS We all have much to learn from others' experience even if you think your specific game was not terribly noteworthy or not elegant.

Catt

Comment

I found this game a bit too difficult, even on monarch. Even getting an SGL and the pyramids won't get me out of this hole...
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

As a game played for "Pillage and Plunder" purposes, I didn't play the game out past the "Pillage and Plunder" stages. I have gotten really bad with abandoning games, outside of the Conquests I have only finished two C3C games total.

Comment

My HD died after DAR 2 or 3, I forget which. I felt pretty good about my pillaging and other wars, but didn't have the stamina to do it over again.

I am truly in awe of those that played out multiple starts on purpose.
                "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

It could just be me, but the theme for the course did lend itself to play, abandon, and repeat. I really wanted to experiment with pillaging, and I found the map to be very unforgiving. I made some mistakes that would've been a set back on an easier map (AU502 for example). However on this map even small mistakes were difficult to recover from. Any ways this is why I skipped from DAR2 to the End Game (To submit my loser report).

And this is also why I loved this course. The experimenting was far more interesting than playing out another typical game. I've learned a lot and will I learn even more in my 3rd game. And I'll post my 3rd game even if it is another triumphant loss.

My thoughts on the Map difficulty - As stated before this is a harder map. This should NOT deter you from starting. The difficulty of the map can be balanced out (if you want it to be) by simply playing easier levels. Therefore the excuse that "the course is too hard" is NOT a valid reason to skip it. And while I do recommend playing down a level here, if you make it too easy for yourself you’ll defeat the purpose of the course.

Posting - You should post. Even if nobody reads your DAR's the simple act of writing them down will make you a better player. Writing (even poorly) forces you to think about what you have done, and that’s how you improve your strategy. Winning and losing (especially in AU) is just an outcome. Comparing your game, strategies and tactics against others is the purpose. The lack of posting is making this last part kind of hard to do.

Screenshots – A picture says a thousand words so don’t forget to include these with your posts.

Comment

I'm on vacation and away from 'Poly for the next two weeks beginning tomorrow.

I hope there are some DARs to read when I get back!

Catt

Comment

I agree with Jawa Jockey a 100%!

I have been messing around with this one on and off since it came out.

Im still trying to finish one, and will try and post a DAR. My problem is I get playing, start having a lot of fun, and then I dont want to stop and take screen shots and write stuff down
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Cultural Conversions

Just a quick questions, are cultural conversions on in AU 503? My culture is more than 5 times lower than my rivals, and I have cities with 9 rival squares in their radius with only 5 defenders about equal distance from my capital and theirs, and they don't seem to be flipping.

Comment

I disabled add blocker, still wont save

My internet security settings are not that high

any thoughts

this is the file name I get
                          attachment.php?postid=2983967
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I sent the stock one.

Comment

Re: Cultural Conversions

Originally posted by Cryptor
                              Just a quick questions, are cultural conversions on in AU 503? My culture is more than 5 times lower than my rivals, and I have cities with 9 rival squares in their radius with only 5 defenders about equal distance from my capital and theirs, and they don't seem to be flipping.
                              They're definitely on in the AU Mod version, and I would assume in the standard as well.

Comment

IIRC just load up the game and then strart a new game and the settings will be the ones from the AU game, then you will know.

Comment

Working...
                                X