Which AU class for the middle game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which AU class for the middle game?

I really need help in my middle game strategies. I'm great in the beginning and in the end game, but it's in the middle where I seem to loose steam.

I have a tendancy to over REX perhaps, but this didn't bother me until Monarch level where it is currently giving me a headache!

I win Regent every time, so I'm clueless as to where my weakness is.

My suspicions:
    1) Over-REX'ing (is that possible?)
    2) Not enough large cities by the start of the Middle Ages
    3) Large empire without a solid economy?
    4) Too many early wars???

Which AU mod is best to help me figure this out?
    "If you're not having fun, then you're losing the game."-Copyright Warrior Poet 11/18/2002 "No plan survives first contact with the enemy."-Tsun Tzu -Don't know when B.C.

Most of the games do not help much with that issue. Start your own thread and post AAR's with saves along the way. This will get some players to chime in with their perspective.

I should have add it that it is best to do it in the Strat or C3C forum, not AU.

Comment

I think AU501 presents an interesting challenge that may address some of your issues. Without giving away too much, it's a seafaring flavoured map - you start on an island that is not really big enough for you to "over-REX".

As for large cities, that's more a function of what city spacing do you use. If you use relatively close spacing - say 3 tiles....you won't have space for many cities above size 12 anyway.
      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Thanks! When it happens again, I'll post it. I usually just reboot and try it all again.

The middle game needs a good training scenario I think.
        "If you're not having fun, then you're losing the game."-Copyright Warrior Poet 11/18/2002 "No plan survives first contact with the enemy."-Tsun Tzu -Don't know when B.C.

Comment

Working...
        X