No announcement yet.

build never - Artillary flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFAIK you can not flag a unit as a UU for the koreans, you can only flag it as being buildable only by the koreans and/or triggering a golden age, neither seems desirable for cavalry or longbowmen

Comment

So there are no specific UU flag then? (don't have the editor at hand now)

You could always duplicate one of the standard units, rename it 'Korean xx', keep the old stats and flags it with 'korean only'
      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ision is saying that, because the AU Mod has given(or is debating already) the Build-never flag to the AIs to prevent them building unusable units, that now Korea is UU-less.
        He wants to debate implementing a new UU that is not classified as Bombard so that Korea will once again have a UU, this time one that it will use/trigger a GA with. "

thanks ducki - that is exactly what I am saying.

I just find it odd that this Mod would leave a single CIV out of the 31 without a UU - that the UU they once had was rarely if ever used to trigger a 'GA" is not the point - that is merely an example of a 'broken' feature of the game - the type of feature that this MOD trys to correct or minimize. As I said before, to have a single CIV that has no UU whatsoever, is a greater departure from stock than replacing that UU with another one.

Ision
        Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

Comment

You could always duplicate one of the standard units, rename it 'Korean xx', keep the old stats and flags it with 'korean only'
          What about letting, say, Longbows, upgrade to H'Wacha?
          alexman, you'd know best - would this keep the AIs from building bombard units while still allowing the Korean AI to have a chance at a UU-triggered GA, however slim? Would Build-never also translate to "don't upgrade into"?

Edit: Of course, this would also require changing the H'Wacha to upgrade to whatever Longbows normally do - Guerrillas, I think. That seems like the most conservative approach, assuming the AI would not suffer by "losing" their Longbows. The main drawback I can see is that a human playing Korea _might_ be confused by this, though any problems caused by said confusion would, IMO, be less than the changes we've made to curraghs and sea travel. Just IMO.
          "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Well, Korea is not really UU-less. It's only the AI that doesn't build the UU. We design the mod with the human player in mind, and for us, Korea has not changed from stock.

Yes, the AI doesn't build the Hwach'a in the AU mod, but that is not a big change from stock, as it didn't build them before in any great numbers, and certainly didn't use them to trigger a GA.

Comment

Originally posted by ducki

What about letting, say, Longbows, upgrade to H'Wacha?
              alexman, you'd know best - would this keep the AIs from building bombard units while still allowing the Korean AI to have a chance at a UU-triggered GA, however slim? Would Build-never also translate to "don't upgrade into"?
              The AI would upgrade those units to Hwach'as, sure. But that wouldn't change the fact that those units would sit in cities without ever attacking anything, thus still not triggering any GA.

Comment

Just duplicate the longbowmen then, call the duplicate 'Korean Longbowmen' and let them behave like *normal* longbowmen in every manner except that they can trigger the korean GA.

Comment

So isn't that a bigger change from stock for the human player?

Comment

Oops

Of course it is. The change would only work if you never play korea.

Comment

Working...
                    X