Dominae resigns, need replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominae resigns, need replacement

"Well, it's finally time for me to move on from Civ3; my interest in the game has been waning for some time, and RL is not giving me much opportunity to get motivated again.

Thus I'm officialy resigning from the AU mod panel. Perhaps you've noticed that I've not been too vocal in the past couples of months...well, now I'm getting out before I become completely silent (including votes). I'm sure the AU mod will do fine without me.

As for my replacement, I nominate Nathan. Although he claims that he does not have the time to take on such a position, he's the one that actually posts the most here. We all know he belongs on the panel.

Enjoy your mod, and may even more changes make it into future patches (and Civ4!)."

Not sure if this is what you want alexman, but here it is a thread to allow best wishes and recruit a replacement for the panel.

I'm willing to accept the nomination if that's what the community wants since, as Dominae pointed out, my efforts to restrict how much time I spend on AU Mod issues haven't met with quite the success I might have hoped for.

Comment

I'll also support Nathan's nomination.
      We definitely don't always agree, but he always has a well-reasoned, often well-researched, explanation to back up any position he takes.
      Full support here.
      "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Cheers to Nathan as the next panelist.

Also though, Dominae was serving as the AU Course Dean after Nuclear Master went inactive so we'll also need a replacement for that position. I have two nominations for that position...alexman and ducki. You'd be responsible for either designing the courses or finding talented people to design the courses. I've done it in the past, but I'm a bit too busy with democracy game obligations right now to really put too much effort into it.

Comment

I appreciate that, Roth, but I'm far too flaky to actually serve well. That doesn't mean I won't design future courses, just that I can't offer the level of commitment that I feel is required. But I'll definitely have future course offerings, especially if there's enough feedback in the 502 post-game thread so I know what the students liked and what they didn't. (hint, hint)
          "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Originally posted by ducki
            I appreciate that, Roth, but I'm far too flaky to actually serve well. That doesn't mean I won't design future courses, just that I can't offer the level of commitment that I feel is required. But I'll definitely have future course offerings, especially if there's enough feedback in the 502 post-game thread so I know what the students liked and what they didn't. (hint, hint)
            I have to finish it first. I haven't had the time to even contact all the other civs yet (though I have engineered the almost total destruction of the Iroquois...they started it. ). Plus it's my first true effort at demigod level so I'm taking longer to plan the moves I do.

So far though I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by nbarclay
              I'm willing to accept the nomination if that's what the community wants
              It is.
              "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

For what it's worth, I also support Nathan's nomination for the panel. Doesn't mean I always agree with him though

Cheers!
                So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Thanks for opening this thread, vmxa1!

So since Nathan accepts, we have a full 7-member panel again. I must say it doesn't feel like a big change. Nathan already had a huge influence on the mod, even though he didn't have a vote until now.

I want to thank Dominae for all his efforts in the AU. His decision to resign from the panel when he realized he would no longer contribute is admirable. I hope the rest of us can do the same if we ever burn out.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
                    Thanks for opening this thread, vmxa1!

So since Nathan accepts, we have a full 7-member panel again. I must say it doesn't feel like a big change. Nathan already had a huge influence on the mod, even though he didn't have a vote until now.

I want to thank Dominae for all his efforts in the AU. His decision to resign from the panel when he realized he would no longer contribute is admirable. I hope the rest of us can do the same if we ever burn out.
                    So how about accepting the nomination for AU Dean alexman? You've certainly had one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, influence on Apolyton University with the mod and all the courses you designed in the past.

Comment

Sure, I could make sure somebody designs cool AU courses on a regular basis.

But to be honest, I'm not sure we need a special person for that. I mean, it's been working fine so far without one, right?

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
                        Sure, I could make sure somebody designs cool AU courses on a regular basis.

But to be honest, I'm not sure we need a special person for that. I mean, it's been working fine so far without one, right?
                        Well I was thinking more in line with making sure that it gets done, rather than having chaos and nobody knowing who is doing what. Dominae was keeping it going after Nuclear Master left with designing AU501 and helping ducki with AU502.

Comment

Working...
                        X