No announcement yet.

AU 502 DAR6: Endgame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might wan't to replay this game on a higher level. It only took me 2 days on monarch. I've never tried demi-god (might take only 20 minutes ).
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Where we last left off I had just relocated the palace and was spending all money and effort getting the new core humming. I’ve decided to go for Science Victory, so focusing everything on research and money.

1435 – complete Adam Smiths. I’m purposely avoiding building navy. At this point I’m taking the quickest route to techs, which means I don’t want to waste production on ships, and gold on upkeep, keeping that for rush buying. If anyone declares war, I’ll deal with them as and when.
      1440 – SGL!! That would be the 3rd one folks I’ll save that for the Theory of Ev.
      1500 – Byzantine declare war on me??? They land some swords and med inf. I wipe them out straight away with my armies. Pretty much all my cities are in WLKD at this point because of the reverse WW effect, also I’m trading France for the remaining luxs, and have all the happiness improvements built in all cities + wonders except for Bach’s.
      1550 – offer peace and they take it.
      1585 – Military Academy complete.
      1610 – Universal Suffrage complete – the AI’s don’t like me much except for France. The world looks jumpy and I can see unpredictable wars ahead, therefore need to look after that WW.
      1630 – Hoover Dam complete, and Battlefield Medicine, but missed out on Longevity to France.
      1670 – Wall St completed. Science at 70% to achieve techs every 4 turns, and still raking in 214gpt.
      1700 - Now Inca declares war on me. Switch coast cities to producing battleships as have bugger all troops except for armies and don’t want their ships bombarding my coast and bothering my production.
      1774 - Offered them peace and they take it. They were sending in Frigates guarding Galleys loaded with med inf and cavalry – which I just picked off with my armies, and then sank their boats with cruisers. Made another two armies and loaded them with tanks just to make sure of things. Haven’t bothered building airports and bombers to save money.
      1780 - Completed the Internet
      1794 - SETI Complete in FP city – that’s the three big science wonders in the single city - science frothing at 257.
      1802 friggin Byzantine declares war again! They sneak land more cavalry. I wipe them out again. I’m tempted to raze their entire civ.
      1826 friggin France declared war, completely out of the blue, despite being gracious toward me. This is a royal pain in arse because they were trading me 4 luxs. Lost a few WLKDs as a result. They sneak land a stack of 20 inf, cavs and muskets, but I had a big stock of cruise missiles saved, so blasted the stack with those and my armies did the rest.
      1840 my cruise missiles sink dozens of their ships and transports. I offer peace they accept. Not far off the spaceship.
      1870 Science Victory. The magnificent Celts had: half the worlds pop with 36% world area, 76000 culture, 894gpt with techs every 4. Virtually all cities had all worth while improvements built and were producing wealth. Managed to score 5 MGLs, and 3 SGLs.

I’ve provided a few Post Game Comments . Good Game, enjoyed this one, thanks Ducki and the rest of the Apoly Uni lads.

A few closing screenys:
      Attached Files

Comment

Final score 4039
        Attached Files

Comment

and finally
          Attached Files

Comment

DAR 6a – Emperor – Stock Rules

As above, Brennus wanted to click through to a win. When the UN was built, Brennus declined to call a vote – by now, with a bit of grog in him, a leisurely race to Alpha Centauri seemed enjoyable and he wanted to see how far back the other civs remained. The French, the leading competitor by a smidgen, had not yet discovered Industrialization. Seti was completed in Niagara Falls, the Internet in another city, adding maintenance-free research labs to the Celtic cities.

Yet again the French declared war! And they soon dragged in the Aztecs. Brennus had had enough. Late at night, with much grog in his belly, he decided to make a surgical strike that would teach the French a lesson they’d not forget. Oh well, at least he’d also control Sistine Chapel, making all the wonders of the world his except the Colossus (Byzantines) and the Great Lighthouse (Aztecs). Rheims, home of the Sistine, was just in range of Celtic bombers. It was pounded down to 1 citizen as invasion forces assembled. The Aztecs were removed from the western islands. Brennus planned to make two landings in France – one outside Rheims and one outside a city just SW of Rheims that controlled a supply of furs. Each invasion force consisted of a mech infantry army, a tank army, and numerous additional tanks and mech infantries. Both Rheims and the SW city fell the next turn with little casualties – France was using riflemen as defense. But then Brennus was surprised. Under an onslaught of more than 100 units, perhaps 20 cavalry and the rest rifles, musketeers, medieval infantry and even longbowman, Rheims was retaken! A 4x mech infantry army, a wounded 4x tank army, and numerous individual units perished. Reinforcements were slow in coming to occupied France as the homeland was busy completing mass transit centers. The next turn upwards of 100 rifles / muskets / medieval infantry assaulted the French stronghold (now I fully understood why French research was so slow). They did some damage, but the Celtic forces easily held this time. It became a bit of a turkey shoot – healthy tanks destroyed French forces then healed while French forces attacked. Virtually every unit in France was elite, and the leaders came frequently. One MGL rushed a temple; another a barracks. But the onslaught threw Brennus’ plans awry – war weariness in the Celtic Republic became unbearable, and Brennus decided to revolt into communist one-party rule. Oooh, the French would pay for dragging out the end game. After the switch to Communism, research slowed to a 6 or 7 turn pace, but production skyrocketed – the island cities and fringe cities built courthouses, markets, libraries, universities, etc; many fringe cities became fully-functioning metropolises, and the research again dropped to the 4 or 5 turn pace.

Below is a screen shot of the occupied French SW city packed with armies. This is shortly after Rheims fell and after the generation of 4 or 5 additional MGLs in France. Reinforcements arrived and the destruction of France commenced as the supply of French forces dwindled.

Catt
            Attached Files

Comment

DAR 6b – Emperor – Stock Rules

Soon enough the French cities fell one by one. France was eliminated in short order, French citizenry were sacrificed to build temples and cathedrals, and with border expansions the Celts controlled approximately 70% of the population but only 65% of the world’s land Veterans of the French war bundled aboard transports for a short sail north to Byzantine (who had declared war during the French campaign). With the prompt fall of two Byzantine cities, Brennus had achieved his world domination – a culture victory was a half-dozen turns away, but Brennus was racing to achieve domination first since he had, against all his wishes, been forced to convert to communism and go on the war path again.

The competing civilizations’ economies had imploded at the end of the Middle Ages. France never fielded an infantry, and neither the Aztecs nor the Incas had discovered Replaceable Parts; the Byzantines were still in the Middle Ages. Sad.

Catt
              Attached Files

Comment

AU502 – DAR6 Endgame, part 1

Demigod level, AU Mod

1550AD: University rushed in Brothers and Sisters, hoping to get our Oil back.

1560AD: Colosseum rushed in Brothers and Sisters. Spy planted in Tenochitlan. Now ready to sabotage their production. Oops, sabotage will cost 13,000g. Brennus decides that he has other monetary priorities…..which is a diplomatic way of saying he’s got a snowball’s chance in hell of raising that kind of money before the Aztecs finish the UN!

Still can’t get that pesky Oil back within our borders. Perhaps we will need to go to war for it after all – though more of a convenient excuse than a resource-shortage driven war! Not that any excuse is really needed for a tattoo-faced Celt to “send the Tanks in”, but we do have an unruly citizenry to control who are prone to mounting violent revolutions involving the lynching of government leaders because of some wussy doctrines about freedom of speech and democracy.

1570AD: Aztecs build UN. Let’s hope they don’t call an election or we could be toast!

1575AD: Researched Amphibious War. Going to save up cash for a couple of turns then try to trade my way into the Modern age. With no achievable wonders left for the time being, Palace pre-build in Bat Out of Hell switched to Airport for the loss of 350 shields. Ouch! Realistically, a UN pre-build at that stage was just wishful thinking. But we won’t win without a little optimism, right lads?

1585AD: Sold AW to Aztecs for Atomic Theory + 1500g. Sold AW to the French for Electronics and 830g from us. And finally we enter the Modern age, to find that Aztecs have all 4 starting Modern age techs, Sumeria has 3 and France only 1. Sold AW and AT to Theodora for Fascism. Sold AW to Gilgamesh for the vital Oil supply, and gave him 20gpt as well. Now we need to build-up our forces for 20 turns while the trade deal runs its course….although given that our reputation is already crap because Bismarck decided to die on us (and cut our trade route with his last dying breath, as his last two-fingered salute to the living), it doesn’t really matter….so go figure!

We choose to research Advanced Flight since no-one has that. No-one has researched Free Artistry either, but its value may be too small to elicit any techs in trade. Still, being the first one to get it is important (SGL?….ha-ha, as if!), and we can probably research it at 4-turn pace and still produce cash. We may employ this strategy later.

So, the plan from here: put all core cities on Tank production and invade Sumeria. We have 6 empty armies waiting for tanks. Stupid Gilgamesh doesn’t understand that trading Oil to us may bring down his empire. Or maybe stupid Brennus doesn’t understand that Sumeria is too strong even for Tank Armies!

1605AD: Theodora demands Electronics. She can go jump! And she does, crawling back to her island. Brennus has no further use for Theodora. Besides, she’s getting a bit past it! On the other hand, Queen Boadicea is as vibrant and dangerous as ever! Brennus is seriously considering putting her at the head of his Tank Armies. Yes that’s right, standing right in front of them as they go into battle, actually!

1615AD: Researched Advanced Flight. Slider set to zero to get some gold for trade backup.

1635AD: Having amassed 2800g, Brennus invites all the world’s leaders to his capital Aqualung for another round of trade talks. Resisting the temptation to have them all summarily executed by his Royal Guard of Gallic Swordsmen, he proceeds to trade AF + 2775 to Theodora for Fission (with only just enough cash) and AF + Fission to France for Computers + 17g – we didn’t have enough cash for Rocketry as well and should have waited a few more turns since it was unlikely anyone was researching AF. Also traded AF to Aztecs for 1648g + 46gpt + Uranium (we have none), then AF to Sumeria for 1784g + 34gpt + map. We then sold Computers back to Theodora for all our money back on the Fission deal. So we picked up 2 Modern age techs plus 3600g + 80gpt for an optional Industrial age tech. Pretty shrewd trading from the wily old Irish lad! But we’re still miles behind, so let’s not get too cocky!

Now researching Miniturisation in 10 to go for the Internet. Palace pre-build in place in our highest production city.

1685AD: France declared on Sumeria and stole our thunder. Oh well, at least we’ll have a ready-made alliance partner. Miniaturization researched and sold to France for Rocketry, 350g, 9gpt and a luxury. Unfortunately Aztecs and Sumeria have just researched it. Internet in 2.

1690AD All deals with Sumeria expired, including our Oil. Gilgamesh raises his eyebrows when Brennus declines to renew the trade deal, making Gilgamesh annoyed. He will soon find out what we’re up to!

1695AD: The Internet built for the Celts’ first wonder of the whole game!!!! Yippee! At least it’s a useful one to have, at this stage of our game.

1700AD: Brennus politely asks Gilgamesh’s trespassing worker to leave Celtic territory. “Surely our good friend Gilgamesh will understand and be sympathetic with the concept of territorial integrity.” Brennus explains to his adjutant. “I mean, he’s asked us to leave his lands many times before, so being the honourable statesman that he is, surely he will accept our gentle rebuff in the good spirit with which it is intended and promptly order the offending personnel home for a good flogging.”

And he does. Bugger! So Brennus declares war anyway. “Well, I mean, the damn impudence of the man. He left a trail of candy wrappers all the way back to Sumeria. I must declare war out of principle, or I will lose my face!”, Brennus explains unconvincingly to his adjutant. MA signed with France.

The Celtic Air Force begins its bombing campaign of the Lagash surrounds, destroying Radar Towers. Then the bombing of Lagash proper begins….and promptly stops as 60% of our Bombers are shot down by Jet Fighters and SAM Batteries. Brennus brings up the Artillery, which though less effective, are in substantial numbers and are able to knock hit points off the defending MI on a “hit and miss” basis. Tank Armies finish the job and Lagash becomes a Celtic possession, along with its Copernicus Observatory. Obsolete units are rushed into the city to deal with its resisting pop count of 23.

Celtic Tank Armies also annihilate the defending forces in Isin, the troublesome Sumerian city in the heart of the Celtic homeland. The city is razed to the ground to provide space for the surrounding Celtic cities to expand. The news filters back to Gilgamesh, who is horrified at the audacity and the mercilessness of the Celtic Prime Minister, Lord Brennus, his childhood companion and friend.

The third initial target, Erech, displays substantial resistance, and without the support of Artillery, the Celtic ground forces make little headway against the defending MI. Instead, forces are withdrawn and all surrounding Celtic cities are reinforced with sufficient ground units to prevent catastrophic counter-attack. However, Brennus’ earlier strategy of isolating the city has paid off handsomely – totally surrounded by Celtic territory, the Sumerians cannot move reinforcements into the city and its citizens sit patiently for 5 years, resigned to their doom.

The Sumerian town of Tyendenaga on the western island is also captured by the 9 Tanks airlifted there previously, to put an end to the constant see-sawing of that vital Oil resource.

The Sumerians then land 6 strong units in the midst of the Celtic homeland from a convoy they had nearby that was probably diverted from its original destination of France. Amazingly, the French convoy of 5 Destroyers simply steamed straight by the Sumerians without engaging! So much for our alliance!

The Celts are now the second most populous nation on earth, which could be important if Montezuma decides to call a UN vote. We must have Theodora on our side, if she lasts that long.

1705AD: Brennus’ domestic advisor announces that the citizens are unhappy because of the war. “WHAT?”, roars Brennus. “We’ve only been fighting for 5 years!”. Nevertheless it is so, Lord. Even with 7 luxuries and Cathedrals in most cities, the luxury slider has been nudged to 10% for the first time in many, many years. Brennus arranges to meet with “that Marx fellow” to discuss ways to fool the people into thinking they are actually part of the machine of government – perhaps that will make them happier.

Meanwhile, Brennus orders his generals to prioritise the capture of Ur, with its Sistine Chapel.

Celtic Bombers pound the presumptuous Sumerian units into the “red”, and sundry units mop them up.

All 7 Tank Armies retire for healing, to return later for the siege of Erech and then push on towards Ur.

Just in case Gilgamesh got any bright ideas in his desperation, we enlisted the Aztecs in our alliance against him. While Montezuma wanted our Spices for the deal, he was still prepared to pay 18gpt for them. We also brought in the inconsequential Byzantines, safeguarding any possible future UN vote. Gilgamesh now has the entire world at war with him for the price of 3 phone calls.

1710AD: As a very clever diversionary tactic, Gilgamesh drops 2 Paratroopers in the middle of our lands, on plains terrain, 2 tiles from any of our cities. They die in pain. Well, it diverted Brennus’ attention for 10 seconds and gave him a laugh, at least!

Our 29 Artillery gets the Erech defenders down to 3 HP’s and some even to 2, while one of 5 bombers gets through the SAM to have an effect. The Air Force marshal wisely decides against sending more pilots to their deaths. 5 of our Tank Army commanders are sent in and with the assistance of single Tanks and eventually, MI, Erech falls to our troops. Being of 15 pop and close to our capital, the city is retained.

1715AD: Strangely, no counter-attack follows. Our Spies inform us that although Sumeria has in excess of 100 MI, she has only 12 MA and virtually no other offensive ground units. Rather poor planning on Gil’s part, reflects Brennus. “...or maybe he just trusted me!

Attached screenie shows the theatre of war after the capture of Lagash and Erech. Most Tank Armies are recuperating in nearby Celtic cities and will soon be unleashed again to blot out the stain of Sumeria on our lands:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Aqualung71; April 5, 2004, 01:58.
                So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

AU502 – DAR6 Endgame, part 2

Demigod level, AU Mod

1720AD: Bad-Tibera captured, again by our seemingly invincible Tank Armies. Magellan’s came along with it together with Ivory, our 8th luxury, though increasing War Weariness from the exceedingly impatient Celtic peoples forces us to move the luxury slider to 20%. Our advance has now reached the Sumerian capital Ur, with Sistine, Sun Tzu, Universal Suffrage and SETI, and the obsolete Oracle. Taking (and holding) this city will be a severe blow to Sumerian culture. Capturing big metro’s is great fun – even with 11 of 15 citizens resisting, we can still build a Temple in 3 turns!

Gilgamesh agrees to see Brennus’ envoy, however he’s not willing to give us any techs. The family of our latest martyred envoy is sent the customary 3 loaves of bread.

1725AD: Bombers try to take out Sumerian Radar Towers while our Armies heal. Lost 5 of 10 Bombers to Jet Fighters, only destroying one tower, which isn’t enough. Bombers are really hamstrung in the modern age when faced with SAM’s and lots of Jet Fighters. Still, Sumeria does not have a strong military. They have only 101 ground units (mostly MI) and 81 air/naval units. By contrast, the Aztecs have a whopping 366 ground units, including 202 MI, and 108 air/naval. We have 186 ground units and 22 air/naval units.

1730AD: Gilgamesh finally wakes up and sends 3 of his few MA to try to re-take Lagash, but our numerous Infantry aided by Metropolis walls were easily able to withstand the trickle of units. Then Aztecs declared war on France.

Our 29 Artillery knock a massive 6 hit points off the defending MI in Ur, with the last 15 taking not one! Our first Tank Army takes out the remaining nearby Radar Tower, and our remaining 7 Tank Armies demolish the 10 MI defending, and Ur is taken. And along with the capture of Ur we gain the aforementioned wonders….and Sumeria loses them….and 10836 culture points in the process. Ur, formerly the world’s culture capital, becomes the cultureless slum of Celtania, rather fitting for a city named after an audible hesitation. Ur’s Universal Suffrage helps keep WW at bay for another turn, and the capture of Sistine helps most of our cities with Unhappiness – luxury slider dropped back to 10%.

15 Tanks had also approached the Sumerian city of Merad on the western isle. To capture it we only needed 4, and generated an MGL in the process that was quickly turned into another Tank Army and sent off to capture the last Sumerian settlement on the island with the remaining Tanks. However, AU1.04 gets in the way, as the only 2 roaded squares to this isolated town are occupied by French and Aztec forces, clearly with the same idea. The remaining approaches are all unroaded mountains and marshes! A Sumerian Rifleman hides in the mountains and pokes his tongue out at our Tanks. We stupidly send a Worker to road the marsh, and of course the Rifleman kills him, knowing (?) we cannot touch him in the marsh!

Having achieved his short turn objectives of clearing out Sumeria’s cities from inside our territory and capturing their 2 best wonder cities, Brennus considers accepting peace. However, Gilgamesh still won’t give techs for peace. Besides, we have signed MA’s against Sumeria with the other 3 civ’s and don’t want to break those arrangements with the UN still hanging over our heads. Brennus, clearly delusional, stands on the eastern shores of his territory and gazes towards the Aztec lands, The seeds of a plan to raid the coastal city of Teotihuacan and destroy its UN building begin to form in his pathetic mind. We shall continue to wage war with Sumeria, expecting our populace to revolt. So far we’ve captured 6 cities and destroyed one.

Something I haven’t seen before – Sumerian Bombers attacking one of our cities were intercepted and shot down, twice, by Jet Fighters from an adjacent Aztec city! What nice allies, patrolling our air space for us!

1740AD: Lagash flips, taking our 15 assorted units with it, though nothing heavier than Infantry. Not surprising, considering pop was 21 and it had decent culture, though resistance had ended. Recaptured after Sumeria drafted a couple of MI, reducing the pop to 14 which saved us the trouble! Promptly garrisoned with 13 Knights and Medieval Infantry. On the bright side, our unit support costs are now 15 lower!

We called up Joanie for a chat, and noticed she didn’t have any Rubber. How about 58gpt for our old spare tires? Yep, she agreed!

1745AD: Artillery attack and destroy 2 Radar Towers protecting Kish, while 6 healed Tank Armies move into place.

Researched Ecology, but the French won’t give us Space Flight. We shall wait.

The road now being vacated, our units close in on Hannover for the kill. Sumeria has now been removed from the western island.

1750AD: Kish captured without much resistance. A couple of Tank Armies that weren’t required also popped down to Agade and politely asked the Governor to yield. He refused, so they smashed the walls down and took the city anyway. The Governor wasn’t seen again.

After only 10 turns in our MA, France signs a peace treaty with Sumeria. What is that treacherous Joan up to?

1752AD: Our Artillerymen seem to be improving their aim, and our 29 Artillery redlined the 4 defending MI in Sumer and 4 of our Tank Armies finished them off with one shot each, leaving them each the ability to move into a city at the end of the turn. The obsolete Great Wall was captured – all that the former culturally glorious empire of Sumeria has left is the GL and the Mausoleum, both in the former Germany capital of Berlin. To add insult to injury, Berlin has now become the Sumerian capital.

Surely our people are going to revolt any turn now. We have been at war for 11 turns, and WW started on the first turn. Problem is, we don’t have Communism yet and are still trying to save enough money to buy Space Flight from the French for Ecology.

We sign another MA with France against Sumeria, hoping they don’t break it this time. It’s against Brennus’ better judgement, but we can’t afford for Sumeria in their desperation to enlist France as an ally at this stage….not least because we are curently sourcing 3 luxuries from Joan and with WW at 50% we vitally need them. Of course Joan wants Ecology for the alliance, but crafty Brennus isn’t going to be fooled, so he settles on 23gpt.

Meanwhile, after watching the Aztecs slowly move a single Special Forces personnel through our territory for about 6 turns towards Sumeria, we finally watch him attack the entire nation of Sumeria single-handedly and unfortunately, die.

1754AD Frankfurt is next, and after our previous praise our Artillerymen outdo themselves – our 29 Artillery succeed in taking a total of 4 hitpoints off the defending MI. (ok, fortified in a Metro on a hill, so I guess that’s 100% + 50% + 25% = 175% x 18 = 49.5 defence even without Civil Defence). Nevertheless, out Tank Armies through strength of numbers and vastly superior hit points again overcome the defensive strength and take the city.

The Sumerian war was quickly becoming a route, and everyone knew it except Gilgamesh who continued to refuse to give up even one tech for peace.

Joan still won’t give us Space Flight for Ecology, even with our 3600g bribe. To research it ourselves will effectively cost 7200g, while stealing a tech safely will cost only 3600g. So instead, we swap Ecology for Communism + 830g + 42gpt and decide to save cash and steal techs from here on in. But our agent fails, although escapes without detection. What a waste of money that was!

1756AD: Kish flips back to Sumeria. Size 18 and only a 5 garrison. We just don’t have enough units to garrison these largish Sumerian conquests. Luckily Brennus is very wary about resting Armies in such large captured cities.

1758AD: Kish recaptured – had already dropped from pop 18 to pop 11 in the Sumerian turn, which is strange even with 2 units drafted. Akshak also captured.

1762AD: Can’t trust anyone these days. Aztecs sign peace with Sumeria after only 14 turns in our MA. We sign another one, giving them Spices in the process. Synthetic Fibres stolen from the Sumerians, but we don’t have enough money left for a trade with France.

The last Sumerian cultural bastion, Umma, is taken, destroying 17 of Gil’s 51 Jet Fighters in the process.

1766AD: Sold Synthetic Fibres + 1290g to France for Space Flight.

Tank Armies take Berlin, the Sumerian capital, along with the obsolete Mausoleum and GL.

1772AD: Hamburg taken and the new Sumerian capital Munich also taken.

1774AD: Kua, the latest Sumerian capital, captured.

Researched Free Artistry – switched Palace pre-build to Shakespeare. Sold FA to Aztecs for 1590g and to France for 760g.

1778AD: Took the new Sumerian capital of Der.

Shakespeare built, which will have absolutely no affect on the game whatsoever. Good decision to build that one, don’t you think?

1780AD: Heidelburg and Nuremburg taken. Zabalam finally taken, ending the Sumerian presence on the Celt homeland. This coincidentally also destroyed Sumeria totally, as the Aztecs had destroyed their remaining island cities.

We steal Superconductor from the Aztecs for 4100g, then sell it to the French for Nuclear Power + 250g.

Started work on 5 SS components, plus 2 Nuclear Plants for the expensive parts. Aztecs now have 550+ military units, are ahead of us in techs, but haven’t started building the SS! The only concern now is France, with whom we do not have a spy. Everyone is annoyed with us now, since Sumeria is gone. Meanwhile, all other cities put to wealth, as we try to gather enough funds to steal the last 3 techs and go to space. Now generating 1000+ gpt.

1786AD: Stole the Laser from the Aztecs.

1792AD: Got caught trying to steal Satellites from the French, since they wouldn’t sell it to us for a reasonable price.

1798AD: Stole Robotics from the Aztecs, then sold it to France for Satellites + 1500g. Started work on the last 2 SS components. France and the Aztecs are too busy attacking each other to worry about a silly Spaceship.

1804AD: Our Spaceship is launched.

We win. We shouldn’t have!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Aqualung71; April 5, 2004, 02:09.

Comment

Way to hang in Thriller.

Comment

Congratulations! And very entertaining story-telling.

Comment

Thanks chaps. While it wasn't a pretty or even a deserving win, at least I learnt something, which I guess is the whole object of the exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                          Thanks chaps. While it wasn't a pretty or even a deserving win, at least I learnt something, which I guess is the whole object of the exercise!
                          You are playing at a level that is challenging for you as opposed to others (me) who cruised in on a more comfortable level. Congrats are deserved.
                          Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

I was cruising toward a space race victory, when Sumeria and France declared war on me. While I was clearly superior to either of them, I thought that having them both against me might be an even match.

Luckily though, I was able to get France to switch over to my side. Sumeria sent large stacks on infantry into my territory, but didn't do much with it. I figured I might lose a couple cities, but taht didn't even happen. Mostly they just pillaged. Eventually they attacked a city, but by then I had built up enough to hold them off.

My production advantage started toshow, and many tanks later, I had pushed Sumeria off the continent. It came at a price though, my democracy was overthrown. I switched to Facism.

The Aztecs had eliminated the Inca during the war. I finally eliminated all of the Sumerian cityies. So, only Celts, France, and Aztecs were left.

Eventually, I built the UN. The second vote, Aztecs voted with me.

Comment

Emperor, AU rules, 3rd replay

Playing on the dark side. Conquest, genocide and betrayal Using my knowledge of the map to my advantage. The other tribes' lack of resources is a major disadvantage to them, especially detrimental to the Sumerians, Aztects and French. I had only about 20 turns of peace since BC, slowly but steadily conquering Iroquis, Sumerians, Germans and Byzantins. Now it's 1888, and it's time to take on the French mainland.

Well, if you have no rubber, you have no contraceptives either. Then you can build millions of TOW...
                              Attached Files
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

As expected, the frogs kicked me back in the ocean. I had 3 armies of 4 Mech Infantry defending, but they eventually died, after killing a 3rd of the French TOW hordes. They had 197 to begin with, so their victory was very costly...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X