AU 1.02 Mod Feedback Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU 1.02 Mod Feedback Thread

Right, now that it's out there and in use, this is probably a good thread to have. Whether you are using it for the AU game, or maybe just playing with it on your own, please add any comments you have about the mod here. Did a certain change make your game much better, or much worse? How was the AI? Just post away!
    Last edited by ZargonX; January 24, 2004, 17:13.
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

As I noted in my "phase 1" DAR for AU501, it's very important to read the thread that tells what was changed until you get used to it.
    The 3-move stock curragh vs. the Sea costing 2 moves to enter gave me a surprise scare, though the RNG was kind this time around. I like it(I think), I just forgot about it.
    "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

I've noticed an impact upon AI research choices which, for now, makes the game a lot more interesting. I'm not sure how well it ultimately adds to an improved AI since I'm not too far into the game, but I like the feel of it.

I wasn't really paying attention before, but I noticed that most of the changes that have been done don't take place in the ancient era. I'll have to wait a bit to get a true gauge of the changes, but I'm thinking of making a play for the Statue of Zeus in AU501 just to see how the new Ancient Cavalry work. Hopefully I'll learn something useful for future discussion.

-donZappo

Comment

Just to make things clear: the version of the mod being used in AU501 is 1.01b, which includes alexman's flavors. Version 1.02 does not include the flavors.

Most, if not all, of you are currently experiencing 1.01b, not 1.02, and I assume a majority of your comments will involve the AI research choices. So this thread will probably not (or should not) receive many replies.

Dominae
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Whoops! Sorry about that, Dominae. My brain just thought of this a generic "how do you like the new AU Mod" thread and didn't notice that it was specific to the non-flavors version.

-donZappo

Comment

Whoops... that's my mistake; got the version numbers mixed up. Well, we can just make this a general AU Mod feedback thread, or I can start another one for the 1.01b version. Any thoughts?
            I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Working...
            X