No announcement yet.

AU Professor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Nuclear Master takes care of the organizational stuff, I would not mind being the "AU Professor" and take care of the academic stuff.

The real question is: do you want evil Dominae as your teacher? I'm asking this only half in jest: although I would endeavour to make AU as broad and accessible as possible, I might not be able to go beyond my own personal biases regarding the game.

Dominae
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

YAY!!

I think you'd be great, Dominae.

Just don't be 'evil' ALL of the time.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

You'd make a great AU professor Dom, that's why I nominated you.

And I for one enjoy most of your evil courses (AU208 killed me though).

Comment

That's because AU208 was Alexman's fault!

Rhothaerill, you did a great job with the SG. I would have supported you to keep the job.

But I can't argue with Dominae for it :b.

Comment

Originally posted by Nor Me
            That's because AU208 was Alexman's fault!

Rhothaerill, you did a great job with the SG. I would have supported you to keep the job.

But I can't argue with Dominae for it :b.
            Whoops, you're right. Okay so alexman is the evil one.

As for not being the "deputy" anymore I have as much ego as the next guy, but I fully realize Dominae is a much better course designer than I am and would make a better professor. I want the AU courses to be enjoyable and played by many people. So I have no problem stepping down after the two courses I created. The AUSG was my little pet project, but it was unfortunately too far off the beaten path to keep everyone around for the long haul...that and the course that was designed was too easy.

Comment

Rhothy, I am going to put your name down on the list. Do you accept?

Comment

Thank you but no. I think Dominae will do a better job than I could.

Comment

Slightly OT, but I thought AU208 was a lot of fun. It was the first game I remeber pl;aying that wa really different.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                    Slightly OT, but I thought AU208 was a lot of fun. It was the first game I remeber pl;aying that wa really different.
                    It WAS fun, and different. It was just evil because after cruising through the destruction of Rome, Iroquois and England one at a time, the other four civs ganged up on me and I never recovered.

Comment

Pardon me for being oblivious, but if this position was already being held by Rhoth, why replace him?

Dominae
                      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

On the other hand, didn't Rhothy nomintate YOU??
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                          Pardon me for being oblivious, but if this position was already being held by Rhoth, why replace him?

Dominae
                          The main reasons are as follows:

1. The AU just got it's own forum. I felt like we needed to discuss more things as a group.

2. I felt I needed to give everyone a chance.

Theseus are you going to run for it?

Comment

Nope... due to RL and whatnot, I am too sporadic. But thanks for asking. I'll chime in wherever... a power in and of itself.

I am very happy, though, that there are so many excellent candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae

...although I would endeavour to make AU as broad and accessible as possible, I might not be able to go beyond my own personal biases regarding the game.

Dominae
                              Of course you could. It might just take us a long and difficult time convincing you otherwise.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X