No announcement yet.

AU mod panel elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this: If the 5-panel membership wins the poll, it means people want more representation, so we will have a 5-member quorum in a panel of 7.

If the 3-panel membership wins, then it means people want a smaller panel, and there will be no quorum.

As I write this, the 5-panel membership is winning by 3.

Comment

For me, 3 is enough.

Comment

I had not previously voted... I am doing so now in a vote for 5, but by that I mean 7 members with a 5 member quorum.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I voted for a 5-person panel with alexman, Dominae, Nor Me, Theseus and myself.

A 3-person panel with alexman, Dominae and Theseus would also be fine with me, because I'm sure they are all open to suggestions from 'the people' (i.e. persons like me ).

I don't like the idea of a quorum because this again opens up the possibility of a tie after the necessary deadline (I don't believe in a 'fastest persons get to vote' principle).
          "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

It would not be a fastest to vote so much as it would be a min required. So if it was 7 member panel and 5 quorum, you need to have 5 to make it official. The fastest could be used in the case of even numbers voting. So if 6 voted and i was a tie, only the first 5 count.
            Its strength is that you will not be stop by not having all of the panel all of the time. It also has a secondary benefit of not leaving many out of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              It would not be a fastest to vote so much as it would be a min required. So if it was 7 member panel and 5 quorum, you need to have 5 to make it official. The fastest could be used in the case of even numbers voting. So if 6 voted and i was a tie, only the first 5 count.
              vmxa1, my problem with this rule is as follows: If an official proposal for a change to the AU mod is presented and a panel vote is called for, I'd like to have some time (e.g. 48 hours) to think about the proposal once again - it may be a controversial one, but I'm not allowed to abstain. And when I'm ready to cast my vote, I'd absolutely hate to discover that I'm voter no. 6 and my vote will possibly not count. (And I'd also hate to rush my vote so that it will count by all means.)

IMO, a panelist's vote that is cast within a given deadline should always count. And if a permission to abstain or a quorum (which is actually a permission to not cast a vote, i.e. abstain) produce a tie, we need other ways to resolve the tie than looking at date and time of the votes.
              "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

OK, so if there is a tie after the time limit has expired, then we would force all 7 panel members to vote. A tie means that the decision is controversial enough to warrant the extra wait. If that takes too long, it will be time for new panel members to replace the old lazy ones for the next decision.

Comment

Sounds good.
                  • all 7 votes cast ==> decision reached
                  • (6 votes cast) AND (tie) ==> search for panel member no. 7, replace member as a last ressort
                  • 5 votes cast ==> decision reached
                  • less than 5 votes cast ==> invalid vote, reconsider the whole panel thing
                  Definitely sounds good.

Comment

Voted for a 5-member panel, and would like to see it run as discussed above (quorum of 5 votes, all 7 candidates included). Definitely agree with lockstep that some reasonable period of time is needed to ensure that panelists have an opportunity to carefully consider proposed changes.
                    They don't get no stranger.
                    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
                    "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
                      Sounds good.
                      • all 7 votes cast ==> decision reached
                      • (6 votes cast) AND (tie) ==> search for panel member no. 7, replace member as a last ressort
                      • 5 votes cast ==> decision reached
                      • less than 5 votes cast ==> invalid vote, reconsider the whole panel thing
                      Definitely sounds good.
                      Sounds great. I will go with this.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

The poll should expire in about 3 hours.
                        Last chance to vote!

Comment

It's official. We have a quorum of 5 people on a panel of 7. Thanks for voting!

Comment

I don't understand why we need to make this complicated. There is no tie. The vote shows they want a 5 member panel with Theseus, Alexman, Nor Me, Dominae, Lockstep

Comment

People who voted for the 5-member panel, actually support the quorum with a 7-member panel, as described in the first post.

We're all set!

Comment

Working...
                              X