This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff.

alex, and alex alone, gets credit for the Mot Trans change.

I once again implore Firaxis to hire him, once and for all.

Other changes? All good. And thanks, ducki, for voicing the Army issues before I've had a chance to check in.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
      Good stuff.

alex, and alex alone, gets credit for the Mot Trans change.

I once again implore Firaxis to hire him, once and for all.

Other changes? All good. And thanks, ducki, for voicing the Army issues before I've had a chance to check in.
      Yeah but if they hired him then he wouldn't be able to have any fun doing this. It would all be work.

Comment

Jesse/Tavis doesn't seem to sleep, nor does alex...

24/7 Civ3 development sounds good to me!
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Rumour, eh?

Where did said rumour originate from?
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

The Rumor Mill, of course!
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
              What happened to 1.16 and 1.17? Or have I been asleepatthewheel?
              /me pokes his head into AU HQ

Great change. Hate those speed bump techs. cheers to the originators of the idea.

Comment

Question:

Has there ever been a discussion about possibly boosting the Oracle somehow?

Dunno about the rest of you, but that is the wonder I am least likely to ever bother with. Most of the time I forget it's even there (captured it recently before it expired and it took me a while to figure out why my people were more content than they had been, despite agressive war as a republic).

Anyway, it's 300 shields for a doubling of temples, expires with Monotheism or Theology, I forget.

I suppose you *might* want it if you're a religious civ that seriously lacks luxuries. Me, I'd rather have the Hanging Gardens. Same cost, same basic boost, doesn't require the temples be built, and expires much later.

Does anyone else think the Oracle could use a boost.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Good point. Added to the list. Thread to be opened soon.

Comment

I need to get the new version of the mod when it comes out and start using it.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• alexman, there's one little "glitchy" spot on that 1.20-model graphic for the tech tree to the right and slightly below Mot.Trans. If I hadn't been trying to see if I used the wrong rules for AU 502, I'd have never noticed it. It doesn't seem to affect anything other than you can right click it to bring up the 'pedia entry.
                      "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

• The 1.20 tech tree will work only if you replace your old graphics with it, unless you specified to look in the AU mod folder in the 1.20 scenario.

For the AU mod, you don't need to replace any original files, as the mod knows to look in the AU Mod folder.

Comment

• Umm...likely this was in an earlier post, but it could be that even newcomers to AU are assumed to know...but how do you install the mod? There are many directories with .biq files. Mind you, my first guess turned out to be correct (at least the game didn't blow up!), but I would add a short note to the first message of the thread.
                          "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

• This is what is in the first post already:

Originally posted by alexman
                            The Mod

The latest version of the Apolyton University Mod can be downloaded from the links below. To use the mod, unzip the files in your Scenarios folder.
                            • AU Mod 1.04: The latest changes voted in for the AU502 game.
                            • AU Mod Graphics: An optional file that displays the correct Industrial age tech tree. Unzipping into your Scenarios folder will create an AU Mod directory where AU Mod games look for overriding files. If these graphics are not installed, the default C3C tech tree background is used.
                            How would you suggest improving it?

Comment

• Resignation

Well, it's finally time for me to move on from Civ3; my interest in the game has been waning for some time, and RL is not giving me much opportunity to get motivated again.

Thus I'm officialy resigning from the AU mod panel. Perhaps you've noticed that I've not been too vocal in the past couples of months...well, now I'm getting out before I become completely silent (including votes). I'm sure the AU mod will do fine without me.

As for my replacement, I nominate Nathan. Although he claims that he does not have the time to take on such a position, he's the one that actually posts the most here. We all know he belongs on the panel.

Enjoy your mod, and may even more changes make it into future patches (and Civ4!).

Dominae
                              And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• You have made a significant contribution the forum Dom. I will surely miss your discussions.

Comment

Working...
                                X