Upcoming AU Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrian
    "Power of Seafaring" should probably be the English, then, don't you think?
    It would be fun to try out new stuff in C3C (like UUs), no?

Plus, as I recall, the "Island Hopping" AU used the English.

Dominae
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I have not done any reading about the new unit/civs or traits. So I have little to offer, until get the game. It all sounds like fun and I have faith in community to get something good put together.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
        Yahweh Sabaoth could we stray back on topic?
        Yes, so sorry. I tend to get a bit pissy this time of the morning. Excuse me.
        You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

Maybe - just maybe - y'all should consider modding the French to seafaring for this AU course. Although, this'll probably be the case in the Age of Discovery scenario.

Comment

I would like to have the next course similar to what Dom suggested...a "power of" with one of the new traits, new civs, and new UUs. The last several AU courses have all been "specialized" to some extent (total war, humongous map, no golden age, modified succession, and UN peacekeepers). A "standard" AU game with new Conquests stuff is just what the doctor ordered.

Comment

Since none of the new stuff will be new to me, I offer to set up the map. Nothing too crazy, I promise!

Dominae
              And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

If I get time to play, I'd vote for a random game with one of the new civs - preferably trying out one or both of the the new seafaring & agricultural traits.

Catt

Comment

Uh oh! Alert! Dominae setting up the map! Horses and iron available only after Navigation.

Comment

The 1.4.1 will allow the Dutch to defend themselves from the nearby Germans, Spanish, French and English while being able to go seize the Congo etc. in the meantime.

Well, actually the Congo never was ours. You have to look at Alva for that one...
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

Comment

Couple of thoughts:

1) YS: not much point in modding the game just so we can use the French. I'd also like to try out one of the new civs.

2) Agree with Rhothaerill that a standard game might be perfect as an intro to Conquests.

3) Dom: Thanks for volunteering to set up the map. I'll believe your claim of "nothing too crazy" when I see it!!
                      They don't get no stranger.
                      Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
                      "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                        Well, actually the Congo never was ours. You have to look at Alva for that one...
                        Excuse me, you're quite right. I feel like a total fool.

Hey... why didn't BELGIUM make the game?

Aaaagh, sorry, OT again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                          Since none of the new stuff will be new to me, I offer to set up the map. Nothing too crazy, I promise!

Dominae
                          Yeah, right!

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

So Byzantines then? Dominae if your going to set up this AU course could I tell you some things I want to implement in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                              I will respect peoples decision here. We already have some new course ideas. Let's do the power of Seafaring first. Choose a civ.
                              for the first course we could just combine "the power of seafaring" and "the power of agriculture" by just being the dutch in an epic game.

Comment

But it's not really what the AU is about. We can't combine the two lessons together.

Comment

Working...
                                X