AU210 - UN Peacekeepers DAR 6 – End of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU210 - UN Peacekeepers DAR 6 – End of the game

Use this space to comment on your game in the interval between the end of DAR 5 to the end of the game.

I finished with a diplomatic "victory," although calling it victory when I failed to achieve a key course objective is a bit of a stretch. Shortly after my last report, the game calmed down a bit with a majority of the fighting civs signing peace treaties. In 1300, one of my two sets of routine tech sales/trades came up for renewal and I signed the rest of the world up for a grand alliance against Germany. Three turns later, a turn before the U.N. was scheduled for completion, I gave everyone but Germany a free tech. At that point, Germany was furious with me, Japan was polite, and the rest of the world was gracious. The U.N. was finished the following turn (14 turns into the modern era). A vote was held, and everyone but Tokugawa and Bismarck voted for me. (Bismarck abstained because he couldn't figure out who he hated more.)
    Attached Files

Comment

I liked the way you got out of the trade embargo, Nathan. A similar move is when your war enemy has an MMP with a third party. Sign an MMP with that third party just before an attack, and your enemies ally becomes your ally.

Well done, you got the vote. Did you need to use the 'Grand Alliance' and gifting all techs the go before? I was tempted to do that in mine, and probably would have done if Germany had joined in the alliance against Japan, but I'd been aiming at the diplowin since turn one, and had given away masses of tech and gpt, so I thought that should be enough, and I didn't want to cheapen it.

Route (1) : Over five thousand careful years of peaceful diplomacy, civ-balancing and restraint, finally rewarded when those civs lovingly vote for you.

Route (2) : Buy a shortcut the turn before the UN with a Grand Alliance and 30k worth of modern tech

Final DAR's to follow ...

Comment

Endgame

Discovered Fission and Switched from the Palace prebuild to the UN. Completed in10 turns.

Mongols & India joined in alliance vs Japan. THen the Iroqs & Mongols signed an MPP, then Babylon and Spain signed an MPP
        I feared that if Germany were to have joined that alliance, they'd get all the votes.

In 1395 the UN was completed and the judgement day arrives

Abe got all votes except the Iroqs. I'm pleased to say that I didn't use a Grand Alliance and tech bonanza at the end - more the steady drip drip of trade, gifts and good relations over the whole game. Even Hammy came round after his earlier indiscretions. The vote was a little too soon to get Hiawatha back. If it hadn't been for the AU mod raising Iroquois aggression, maybe I'd have got all the votes ...

Oh, I nearly forgot, Everyones alive, fit and well and still living in more or less the same place they started.
        Attached Files

Comment

Demographics

Attached Files

Comment

Units at end

Is this not UP, of a kind?
            Attached Files

Comment

The Score

It's not often I've got around 5000 for a builder game, so quite satisfying, FWIW
              Attached Files

Comment

Score-graph

Notice the early peak that fades...
                Attached Files

Comment

Power Graph

and again on the power graph ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Culture Graph

This time it goes the other way. That's what happens if you convert over 1500g into libraries on one turn.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I achieved a diplomatic victory relatively shortly into the Modern Age. I had started a prebuild with the Palace, so the UN was not far off once I got the tech for it.

The last turn prior to building the UN, I made an MP with everyone on the continent, in hopes that would help them vote for me. That same turn, the Ottomans declared war on the Japanese, pulling me into the same war. Everyone else decided to join in the fun and the Ottomans were suddenly at war with the entire world.

Luckily for me, once the actual vote came around, it was between the Ottomans and myself. Predictably enough, most of the other civs voted for me.

Throughout the game, the majority of the civs were Polite/Cautious with the Americans. I did manage to tick the Mongols off by always wandering into their borders, but other than that, I didn't really do much provoking the whole time. I think, during every war that occurred, only 5 or 6 cities ever changed hands. It made for a bit of a boring game that way, but it was also one of the more interesting I've tried. Had to hold back that warmonger urge when I was sitting on 130 tanks and 98 infantry. I was producing about 20 tanks per turn at one point. Final score was around the 5300 mark.

Oh, and the reason that I have very little gold is because I paid off everyone to get into an MP. I didn't really think they weren't going to vote for me, but thought that every little bit helps
                      Attached Files
                      Walk softly and carry a big stick...or better yet, a remote controlled nuclear device.

Comment

Excellent games to both Cort Haus and Taian. And verrrrrrrrrry nice DARs too.

I find it intriguing that so far everyone has won with a diplomatic victory. That was sort of one of my hopes for this game.

Comment

Looks like I'm goin' to space, Ma!!
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

1595 Ad, built the UN, held the vote: INCONCLUSIVE!!

I've actually followed all the rules, and have a pretty darn good rep. Everybody has been war after war except for me, my economy ROCKS... I shoulda won, I shoulda won, I tell ya!!

I did not, however, do the MPP thing, so maybe that's it.

Anyway, I'll do the sole SS win.

Now, let's see what the AI civs are cooking with...
                            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Other than America, the Ottomans and the Babs are the two big bad wolves out there... and they are at war.

Only problem, they are at the opposite end of the continent, so I get to be their host for their little dance.

First, the Ottomans:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X