No announcement yet.

MT V - Last Stand at the Alamo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, I don;t know who remembers, but this thing was a bee-yatch. Great design.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Can someone explain what the MT- V series was/is? I am presuming that it was a series of mods created by Vel.

And - where does one access them? Every now and then I load up the old civ3 disc.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

MT stand for mini-tourney. Way back in the depths of time, a group of players (can't remember who) decided to all play a game from the same start, and see how they developed. I don't know if the first two were public or not, but the third and onwards cerainly were. After number five (MT V) the idea became the Apolyton University. Look at the history of the Au sticky thread - it has links to the MT threads IIRC.

Three of them were just normal games, so no-one created them MT III (Babylon and On) and MT V (the Alamo) were different. MT III started in the industrial era - we played Babylon, which was alone on a smallish island, and had been played so as not to trade for anything for the whole game. Hence at the start, we were just in the industrial era, and the AI were pretty much at the start of the modern era. IIRC diplo and spaceship wins were turned off. The aim was to win by conquest or domination before the turn limit was hit.

EDIT: I tell a lie, Babylon was MT IV, not III

Comment

Thanks Vulture. Appreciate that.

I will wade back through the AU history to see what I can find.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

In case anyone doesn't realize it, the AU History 101 thread has links to the mini-tourney threads, since those were the precursor to Apolyton University.

Comment

Working...
            X