X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU Print/Online News Coverage

Good evening, everyone.

I thought I would pass along both a link and print reference to a recently published article that highlights Apolyton University (AU). It's the feature story in the April 15th, 2005 edition of Library Journal magazine entitled "Meet the Gamers". I have written a news item and summary for it in Apolyton's 'Civilization III' section ( http://apolyton.net/civ3 ) -- a more static link is provided below as well.

At the same time, I am certain many if not all of you will enjoy reading what is written and said about AU in this piece in full and wanted to bring it to your attention beyond the news item write-up. My news summary only touches upon its surface points, in particular those not specifically centred around AU and <I>CivIII</I> in general. For all those who have and continue to contribute to AU, the recognition is well deserved. Congratulations!

Full article (online): http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA516033
    Article summary/news item: http://apolyton.net/news/search.php?...affinity+space

----------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

This is amazing.

Comment

Has anyone looked at what James Gee's book says about this in it's entirety? It sounds like he used to at least lurk here...
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

I don't know about James Gee, but I've emailed back and forth with Kurt Squire ("ksquire") a bit...

Hey, we're FAMOUS!!!
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Go AU!
          I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Good article indeed

Comment

Yay Library Journal.
              And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Outstanding
                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                  Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

hi all

thanks for posting . in fact, a student of mine and i are working on a follow up paper that will be a more thorough look at AU, how it works and so on. I've been lurking quite a bit, and I've played through manyof the courses (and man i used to think i was good).

it's struck me, for one, just how hard it is to put the game down and take notes. you're disciplined people.

anyway, if you have any interest in participating in some interviews around AU, let me know...
                    -----
                    kurt squire, joystick101.org

Comment

I'm in.
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Me too.
                        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

As am I.

Comment

well deserved glory for all of you indeed

Comment

If you need another person to interview, I'm in
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X