AU Mods for the Conquests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age of Discovery Conquest

Problem: When your playing a Mesoamerican civ, the AI will sell you workers which you can sacrifice.

Fix: ???
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Napolonic Conquest

Problem: Both France and England can win the game on turn 1 via signing MPPs for cities.

Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
        Napolonic Conquest

Problem: Both France and England can win the game on turn 1 via signing MPPs for cities.

Is a fix needed for this? The AI isn't going to do it, and aside from that first turn it's not a factor, so wouldn't a house rule suffice?

Besides, anybody serious enough to be playing the AU Mod is, if anything, going to do this once, get a chuckle and a low-score "win" out of it, then start the scenario again for a real game.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Napolonic Conquest

This problem exists in all the Conquests, though I believe Napoleon is the only one where you can win instantly via it. In the others you can get very nice deals for MPPs/alliances if it's done on the first turn. As Solomwi points out, there's little to be done about it other than house rules. Simply don't abuse this fact and there's no problem.
          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
          -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Actually, there's very few conquests in which you have contact with most of the civs on turn 1.

On the others:

1. Mesopotania: No civ starts with contact with anyone.

2. Rise of Rome : Rome can get a sweet heart deal from the Gauls if they make contact on turn 1 for a MA that unblocks access to Spain [Marsellis for a MA], but that city is a tiny fraction of population & land area towards domination.

3. Fall of Rome: Rome unplayable by humans, barbs have very few contacts on turn 1.

Rome Everlasting: Could well have the same problem that Napolan has.

4. Middle Ages: Few contacts on turn 1

5. Meso America : At most contact with one other civ on turn 1.

6. Age of Discovery: I think the European powers are equal enough in power on turn 1 that sweet heart deals aren't possible, but could be mistaken.

7. Japan : No contact with anyone on turn 1

9. WW II Pacific: Japan in a locked war with allies. The allies are in a locked alliance. Domination condition is for a group, so it does no good towards victory for the US to try to aquire cities from their allies on turn 1. In fact, likely to be counter productive towards victory considering the corruption rules.

Originally posted by punkbass2000

This problem exists in all the Conquests, though I believe Napoleon is the only one where you can win instantly via it. In the others you can get very nice deals for MPPs/alliances if it's done on the first turn. As Solomwi points out, there's little to be done about it other than house rules. Simply don't abuse this fact and there's no problem.
            Templar Science Minister

Comment

This problem exists in all scenarios that start with pre-built cities and contacts established. Gets ugly in PBEMs, as the first player can have all sorts of stuff for a relatively low price.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

2. Rise of Rome : Rome can get a sweet heart deal from the Gauls if they make contact on turn 1 for a MA that unblocks access to Spain [Marsellis for a MA], but that city is a tiny fraction of population & land area towards domination.
                Actually, Rome can get cities from everybody. Take a couple from Macedon, a couple from Persia and Pelusium from Egypt in exchange for alliances and you're off to a great start. The two you can get from the Celts are really more academic than anything, IMO, saving you the "hassle" of diverting a couple of legions to them in the near future. On the one hand, not nearly as egregious as the possibilities in Napoleanic Europe. On the other hand, potentially worse because it's more easily concealed as the game progresses. Still, I'm not sure what can or should be done other than house rules.
                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                X