No announcement yet.

AU 602: Team Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully this works for everyone... I still think it would be much better for the purposes of the course if we maintained consistent order, even across the FFA game(s).
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
      And I guess i don't see the obsession with 'same map' and *ARs that the rest of you have. You can compare how a game goes without having exactly identical setups, or in this case just without having exactly identical civs in the identical starting locations. The game changes enough by 2900, who cares who started where? For a PBEM, you should be comparing how players reacted to the general game flow, which will ALWAYS be different, especially between the FFA and the LA games.
      The idea is to learn how different pairs of players approach the concept of "team play". To do this, you need look at other people's games. It's easier to figure out what's going on in someone else's game if: 1) they are playing a map you are familiar with (i.e. the same map you are playing), 2) the civs are the same, 3) the starting locations are the same, 4) the turn order is the same, 5) the teams are the same.

So, although I agree that comparisons become more and more theoretical as the game progresses, there's still some value in sharing your version of the story, one that has a common beginning, with everyone else.
      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• The idea is to learn how different pairs of players approach the concept of "team play". To do this, you need look at other people's games. It's easier to figure out what's going on in someone else's game if: 1) they are playing a map you are familiar with (i.e. the same map you are playing), 2) the civs are the same, 3) the starting locations are the same, 4) the turn order is the same, 5) the teams are the same.
        I agree.

thanks to the civ godz vulture has volunteered, and says he can get it done tonight or tomorrow.
        SWEET.

THANK YOU CIV GODZ!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rommel2D

This is the default order (with Aeson on top), so we don't have a conflict for the FFA game, right?
          Not true, krill was a problem in the default order.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• It's not like he's gonna get any sleep on that cold, wet rock anyway- he'll play when we tell him to...
            Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• Just so everyone can plan ahead, the map is 90% done and I should finish it this evening (in the UK, BTW), and hopefully post it here (or send it to Theseus) by 17:00 GMT.

Comment

• Actually, apart from the time I have off for study leave (I basicaly have one week which has 8 exams, and another two exams a fortnight either side), I will be pretty regular when playing the save (5pm, BST).

I'll only play when you tell me to if you gift me techs, workers or gold (preferably in the order...)
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Hi, would like to join

1. Alliance

2. My teammate will be Mormegil

3. Emperor

4. Warbuilder

5. Don´t mind which civs we get

6. SCS
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

Comment

• Now we are six so LA5 is full

Comment

• I have re-jiggered the games just a bit to make things interesting from an inter-site perspective.

FYI, once the initial save is actually posted ( to vulture), LN and I plan on another publicity push, so hopefully there will be more players and games.
                      Attached Files
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• This has grown so complicated that I'll actually have to read the damn thing
                        Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• Originally posted by Theseus
                          I have re-jiggered the games just a bit to make things interesting from an inter-site perspective.
                          Much better.So we can know new people.
                          Hey Punkbass, nice to kill you again

Comment

• We'll see how it goes in a real game... I'm winning the EPIC.
                            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

• Question: what's the best way to start the game? I've not played PBEM, but having tested how this works, it seems that once you load the scenario, there is no way to save the game until the end of player 1's turn. Should I just post the scenario .biq and trust to people not to abuse the administrator password / overview of world map, or is there a better way around this?

Comment

• One way around it would be for all of us to send our passwords to you Vulture, (so you also set up the admin password), and you start each game and add our passwords, and skip all of the turns until it is the first players turn. Then you send the save file to him, and we carry on normally from there.
                                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X