• Show
Clear All

• AU601-DAR1, conmcb25, Da Greeks

DO NOT READ THIS THREAD IF:

1) You are MotownDennis
    OR
    2) You are playing as the Greeks
    OR
    3) You have not yet explored the entire starting land mass.
    OR
    4) You have not yet entered the Middle Ages.

A pretty run of the mill start.

Im playing MotownDennis of MP fame over at the ladder, knowing him, Ill probably have some action pretty early

The plan is to get out a few warriors and then start on a granary. This is about 3850BC and im busy roading then mining a cow.

The etch plan is to quickly get pottery so I can build a granary then beeline for philo for a free tech That should give me techs to trade including MM, a very expensive one.

More to come soon, Im waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind in my DAR.
    Attached Files
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Its about 3300BC and in retrospect this is where I think I made my first mistake.

I am building my "early granary" BUT Im not taking advantage of the abundant forests around my capitol My worker continues to mine a bonus grassland.

Why did I do that? You will see this will kind of bite me in the arse later on, ah well, during this period while I was playing, I was having a tough period at work and didn't spend a lot of time thinking about this game. Not a good plan playing MoTown
    Attached Files
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Well its 2750 BC, I built the granary the hard way and now Im working on roads towards my next city site while building a settler. In retrospect, I think I should have started using my forests for a quick ten sheilds.

The Babs are to the north and I obviously have contact but they dont want to trade me techs because of course I now have the lowest score in the game, and there attitude quite frankly sucks swarming around my capitol did a good job of somehwat effectively choking me

In the meantime, Im playing paddy cakes with barbs to the south instead of exploring and making contact.

Im not going to go back and check to be precise but Im sure I have popped at least 3 huts by now, and I think 4 total, every dam time I got barbs, argggggggh!

The barbs swarming around my capitol did a good job of somewhat effectively "choking me". An MP strategy that Motown will appreciate when he finally gets to read this

You will see shortly that the Babs did a pretty good job of choking me as well. I wasn't used to that, Im mainly a Monarch player, jumping up to Emporer, I guess I just wasn't ready.
      Attached Files

Comment

Its 2270
        I built my second city, and just built a second settler.
        BTW at this time period of the game, Athens was PERFECT with two MP's.

I could go from 2 pop to 4 pop with building a settler and a hoplite. I built the settler just as I reached four pop. Very nice indeed, Im thinking maybe now I can catch up a little bit.

But notice the Babs hovering just outside my cultural borders right where I want to plant my next city. Also look at the two barbs just outside my second city. The leftover effects from popping barbs and having a lower score than the Babs. Again this effectively "choked" me at this stage of the game and Motown hasn't even started with his ruthless cutthroat MP tactics yet
        Attached Files

Comment

here is the score at this time. The early granary was nice but I should have chopped some forests to make it faster. im a bit behind right now thinking Ill be able to maybe catch up with the granary.
          Attached Files

Comment

I see from the tracker thread that you're in the 300's AD.

Shouldn't the "reigning bump king" bump his DAR with updates now and then?

Comment

Yep been busy lately. And Im hoplessly losing this one so I seriously doubt if Ill make the effort to complete this DAR. Just too many other commitments right now. We just hit 400AD last night.

Comment

a detailed AAR will suffice too
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                  a detailed AAR will suffice too
                  Im gonna lose.

Is that good enough

Comment

Alright, not another Greek loser, this is rediculous!!! How many dead Greek Emperors am I supposed cheer on? I have switched professions, I am now the heir of a mortuary, that's right it seems to be the best paying profession a good Greek could have. So I will start shining the marble oh excellent one. By the way what are your measurements, seems hard to get an audience these days.

Sincerely,
                    The graveyard keeper
                    The Graveyard Keeper
                    Of Creation Forum
                    If I can't answer you don't worry
                    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                    X