• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU 601: MotownDennis' (Rome) DAR

AU 601: MotownDennis' DAR 1 (Rome)

Please do NOT read this thread of you are playing the game and:

1) You are playing as the Greeks

OR

2) You have not yet explored the entire starting land mass.

OR

3) You have not yet entered the Middle Ages
    "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
    - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Hope I'm doing this right. Will try to get screenshots for future entries.

Turn 1: Moooooo! Motown is going to be feasting on steaks for a long time to come. Let's go ahead and settle down right here.

I decide to build a curragh first to explore twice as fast as a warrior. Begin irrigating cow. Start researching Pottery for a quick granary.

Once irrigating and roading of cow is complete and curragh is sent out (NW), I begin roading NW to probable next city site. My fast growth (from irrigated cow) allows me to build a settler right now, so I begin doing so.

As it travels NW, curragh notes that there seems to be a nice chokepoint nearby. I tentatively decide that I'm going to settle this checkpoint with my 1st settler.

Settler completed. Start heading to chokepoint. Curragh sees outline of opponent border as it heads NW up the coast. Meet Celts - trade WC/Alpha for CB/Bronze + 10 gold. Start researching Iron Working (35 turns or so). Start producing warrior in Motown.

Settler gets to chokepoint and discovers ivory. I settle down right in the chokepoint. This leads up to the Celts. Begin producing warrior in new city (city name: Mwuahaha).

Warrior complete in Motown. Begin granary.

Warrior heads west to explore. Meets Carthaginian warrior. Trade Pottery + 2 gold/turn for masonry. Try to supply Celts with masonry but *Doh!* they already have it.

Warrior in Mwuahaha complete. I send it up the chokepoint towards the Celts to seal it off. Begin building curragh to explore west of the the chokepoint.

Warrior that had been exploring to the west sees Carthaginian borders. At this point, each of the 2 AI's I've met have 2 cities. They seem to be growing slowly for some reason. I note that the Carthaginians have a nice river/cow/wheat area just outside their borders towards me. I think I may try to get my 2nd settler over there to cut off their expansion.

Curragh complete from Mwuahaha. Send it west only to discover that this is a huge lake. I move curragh back thru checkpoint city out into the ocean. Start moving it back around Motown to go south (opposite direction of first curragh).

Second settler completed out of Motown. I send it along the southern coast towards the Carthaginian area. I have my warrior over there keeping watch from the mountaintops so that stray barbs don't get close to this naked settler.

...and that takes us to about 2500 bc.

Comment

Note that Rome has good settler pump potental if you'd build a granary there.

Comment

Yes, actually I've done just that. I'm a little behind on my DAR and need to catch it up. We are now around 1400 bc.

You're right, though - Rome with the granary is allowing me to pump constant settlers right now.

Comment

Your tracker thread now says 380 AD.
          Any updates coming?

Comment

Yes, I have a lot of updating to do. Will try to get caught up on this DAR this weekend.

::salutes::

Comment

Working...
            X