No announcement yet.

ELG: A couple of things bugging me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We play by the rules as expressed: in ELCGs, all exploits EXCEPT caravan rehoming are allowed.

Agreed, black-clicking violates the spirit of the game, but then I've seen the AI make bee-lines for another civ that they should not have "known" was there (still in the black)...

HutFinder does nothing you could not do for yourself with a calculator and MapEditor.

Comment

Originally posted by Elephant
      We play by the rules as expressed: in ELCGs, all exploits EXCEPT caravan rehoming are allowed.

Agreed, black-clicking violates the spirit of the game, but then I've seen the AI make bee-lines for another civ that they should not have "known" was there (still in the black)...
      I always wondered why they added the ability to black-click with one of the official patches...

When i first got here i was using civ II v1.07c and had no idea what black clicking was - because it wasn't possible in the earlier version
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Originally posted by Elephant
        Agreed, although I wonder why we allow the airbase exploit - does anyone actually use it?

RJM at Sleepers
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I think airbases become available too late in the game to be of any use in EL and OCC games.

Black clicking may seem to be out of the spirit of how the game should be played, but other exploits universally adopted and used by most players can be put in the same category. It all comes down to a matter of personal opinion as to whether using a certain ploy is "proper" or not.

Comment

Working...
          X