ww2 comparison game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ww2 comparison game

The greatest battle of all times, STALINGRAD, ended in march 1943, exactly 60 years ago.
    This induced me to start a ww2 comparison game, playing as the Russians.
    The scenario is the one that goes with the game. Version 2.42 is OK, but anyone is free to play another version if he (or she) feels like it.
    I don't think a detailed log, such as those used for OCC or early landing, is really interesting for that kind of game. But, if you send a save and a report (telling us what you tried to achieve and how it worked) every 10 turns or so, it would be fine.
    I start playing tomorrow, so you are sure you have at least one player to compete with, ... if you feel like it .
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

February 1942

The Russian Empire is... nowhere.

Not a single city captured, and the population is 3 million lower. Sciences are off and the Krasnoyarsk - Minsk railroad has been completed, tanks will begin rolling over the axis borders any day now!

We look forward to December 1943!
    Last edited by Caesar the Great; March 10, 2003, 22:39.
    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Well, this was a quick start!
      Announcement at 18.20
      CtG's post at 23.43
      ... T34 at full throttle...

Comment

IF I can find time - I'd like to try this one - unfortunately RL is heavy at the moment so no promises

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

2 proposals

1) Timing
          I suppose that 1 turn/day should be OK for most people. This means first report (feb 42) before the 20th of march and second report (oct 43) before the end of march.

2) 'Lurkers' thread
          I suppose that most players prefer playing along with their own strategical choices, rather than just copying the supposedly brilliant ideas of the others.
          That is why I start a 'lurkers' thread now. Those taking part will be allowed to explain what they did and why they did it, but will refrain from reading what the others posted there (at least before having finished playing the corresponding 10 turns).
          Those willing to have a look without taking part are of course free to read anything they will.

Comment

December 1943, the war has begun.

Nasty incident after the seige of Warsaw earlier this year cost Russia six tanks. After a long battle the city was reduced to 60,000 inhabitants, and on the next turn it defected back to the axis, along with the 2 tanks inside and 4 tanks directly adjacent.

We mourn our comrades but continue the struggle, onward to Berlin!
            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

June 1945

Germany is no more, after severe collateral damage to Frankfurt, Munich, Prague and Vienna, the Russian Empire has expanded to include nearly 30 million people. But the cost has been high; 46 armored divisions were lost in the invasion of Germany and thousands of our comrades have fallen in battle. But victory is near, only 29 objectives remain.

Time is of the essence; I must return to Moscow, 33 armored divisions await my command.

Comment

Is the objective the conquest of the axis, or is it conquest of the whole world, or max score? Also, I notice that I get no techs from taking an axis city. Is this correct?

Comment

the last game i played was the ww2 scn as the russians , but i didn't keep periodic saves or take any notes. i don't think notes would have been helpful to anyone either, it was only my second win on deity
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by geofelt
                    Is the objective the conquest of the axis, or is it conquest of the whole world, or max score? Also, I notice that I get no techs from taking an axis city. Is this correct?
                    just use diplomats

Comment

Originally posted by geofelt
                      1) The objective is the conquest of all objective cities in the world (you find them using the 'Find city' tool).
                      2) No tech from taking any city: this is correct (but stealing techs is possible).

Comment

February 1947

The Second World War is coming to a close, britain has fallen to Russia. Only Egypt, America and Iraq remain. The Russians are now in a race against time. Sixteen veteran armored divisions are now crossing the atlantic and nine veteran armored divisions are moving into position in Athens and seven armored divions are mobilized in the middle east.

The axis empire is no more, the Spanish and Turks will suffer the same fate very soon. Only 8 objectives remain but there are only 3 turns remaining.

140 military divisions have been lost in this horrid war, but the spoils have been grand. The Russian people now enjoy more luxuries than ever, spies have acquired the most advanced technologies and a huge budget surplus has allowed for marvelous improvements from London to Krasnoyarsk. The Russian Empire now includes 48 million people.

Soon the Americans will know the wonders of communism.

Comment

Poutine rules

The Russian supreme headquarters have the pleasure to announce that Russia rules.

June 1944 all objective cities bear white flags.

(Details in the 'lurkers' thread, somewhat later)

Comment

Geez you don't mess around do you?Excellent game

I made it to Oct 43.While I am in good shape almost finished crushing the Axis,there is no way I can finish by 44.You must have been doing some bribing.I tryed sending something at New York but anything keeps getting sunk well before it gets there.Even empty transports..almost had a chain when Mr U-Boat put an end to that.

Has anyone tryed building a city near New York and airlifting freight?
                            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
                              You must have been doing some bribing.
                              I bribed ONE city, one turn before the endgame, just to make my vet spies happy. I felt that they got tired only destroying city walls .

I had a nice shipchain between St Nazaire and Washington. No problem: the Axis were so weak when I started building it that they probably couldn't afford building submarines any longer (+ transports with Magellan travel 7 tiles/turn, submarines travel 3 ).

Comment

Working...
                              X