• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hut Finder v1.4

Try this one for size.

Changes from 1.3

- The 'notation' information is now correct

- Options take effect immediately

- Menu amended to make 'Shrink Me' more obvious - it is still only available once the "Windows | Always on top" selection has been made

- Minimise button returned - with nag if you have not saved your latest information

- oedo tables included

- rah button now available - see "Options" tab - allows the original co-ordinates to be changed

New in 1.4.3

- no longer need to delete old coordinates

- limited schematic scrolling now available

Health warning:

The oedo tables for levels other than deity have not been verified, but are correct as far as the received wisdom of this forum can make them.
    It is not hard to make changes to them so if any errors are discovered post or PM me.

SG[1]

Version 1.4.2 was downloaded 57 times
    New version 1.4.3 uploaded 18/03/2003
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scouse Gits; March 18, 2003, 10:12.
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Does it allow you to reset the original seed coordinates? I really liked that feature and have been using an older version since I didn't want to give that up.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No - but I cannot understand why you might want to.

Please explain and I will make modifications to accomodate if possible...

The current thinking is that once a hut has been found the seed is calculated once and for all - after all it cannot change during a game - and any other locations can be accessed via the search co-ordinates

SG[1]

Comment

In MP games you've just entered the coordinates and the host finally let's you know he has a tech and you're restarting. We don't allow using it during your turn so you want to get the coordinates in fast if a hut appears in your opening screen so you can get a look before your first turn.

Or in a 2 or 3 man game, we have been known to restart when one person has a particularly bad start. And sometimes when two players start just a few squares from each other.

It's not that big of a thing, but the convienence of being able to change it is enough for me not to have upgraded. If no one else see's any value in it, please don't change it on my account. I'll just stick with an older verson. My brother commented on it once. I really haven't talked to anybody else about it.

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Version 1.4.1 (with rah button) coming up...

SG[1]

Comment

A couple nits (constructive criticism mode ):

1. Why do you have an About button and a Help/About pulldown that do exactly the same thing?
            2. I was taught to write dates as, e.g., 1750 B.C. and A.D. 1000. Apparently Brian Reynolds agrees with that convention, since in-game dates use that format.

Overall, a very well-done program. I'd say something sarcastic about the guy with the white hair, but I'm afraid I'll look like that in a few years when my kids are teenagers.

Comment

Dave

1) consistency - this is the 'Bill Gates Way'
              2) OK - no sweat - I'll change it

last - my research students swear that it is a true likeness!!!

SG[1]

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                Version 1.4.1 (with rah button) coming up...

SG[1]
                You're a saint. It will be nice to have the oedo years for AD, since I only have the B.C. ones memorized. And take advantage of any other new features that you come up with.

Thanks.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

New version 1.4.1 is now in the original post - please re-download if you have the previous one.

rah - when you first open Hutfinder click on Options and select "Use rah button" - it will warn you that you can lose data - but the new button will appear next to Continue - if you need to change seed click the rah button and the data entry values and the Continue button will become active again -- I couldn't bring myself to make it permanent - if you change once more you will need to hit rah again...

Come to think of it I quite fancy hitting rah again

SG[1]

Comment

New new version 1.4.2 now in original post

Sorry Dave I misunderstood your first point - the offending About... button has now gone the way of all flesh - to be honest I had forgotten it even existed and dates from the earliest version that had no menu bar

SG[1]

Comment

3 versions in less than 2 hours??

You're really customer-focussed, aren't you??
                      Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                      Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                      POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                      LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

We aim to please

SG[1]

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                          We aim to please

SG[1]
                          You must be even less busy at work than I am
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

SG[1] fyi

When I d/l the new version it is still 1.40. Perhaps the replace function is balky??

Monk
                            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Strange - just got home and d/led from the boards and it's fine 1.4.2 - although explorer reports it as 1.4.0.2 if this explains your problem????

SG[1]

Comment

Working...
                              X