Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republic

I sometimes switch to republic when I can build the HG - for celebration purposes. Then I switch back to monarchy after some turns - most of my cities are now size 8.
    What do the experts say? Good or bad?
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

I did this in a MP game with SF once, and in the situation I had it worked quite well, with little net difference in trade or production, but no restrictions on warlike behaviour.

Never done it in SP. Tbh if I was in a situation where unhappiness or war restrictions were important I'd time it so I could soon go to communism.

Comment

In an AC game an early Republic makes sense with the Gardens and even better with MC.

Conquest on large/giga maps: Republic is good for quick research to Democracy (trade bonuses are much better) -> SoL then Fundy/Commie.

-----------------

SG(2)
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I keep telling myself that I will change back to Monarchy when I finish celebrating, but I get so drunk from watching the fantastic trade bonuses, that I usually stay in republic till communism, (assuming SOL). Except for the rare event when I need to override the senate.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hehe....its smart to go to republic and then go back if you can't maintain it....but its always good to go republic for the trade.....

depends where your enemies are too
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Yep, after a few 140 or more caravan payoffs, it's tough to go back to monarchy.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yeah lets do the math....140 republic, 46 monarchy....uh...Pat, Republic for 140 please!

Comment

Hmmm, wouldn't that be Alex. For Pat, it's "is there a T". But I like the line anyway.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

fiick, you know what i mean my head is not screwed on well the last few days..not sure whats up..i wonder if its the cold air in the mornings when i run ?

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                    my head is not screwed on well the last few days..not sure whats up..i wonder if its the cold air in the mornings when i run ?
                    Cold air
                    A likely story.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why not try running in the afternoon?
                      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

there isn't time then.....its morning or night, take your pick, its cold either way

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                          its cold either way
                          So lovely
                          (I spent 14 years of my life in West Africa where the 'coldest' was about 20 Celsius; ... really enjoyed it having a look at falling snow when back to France)
                          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Ignore War4... cold for Vancouver is nothing compared to cold for Toronto - let along Chicago!
                            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

It depends on whether you can keep cities celebrating under monarchy using the same luxury rate which keeps cities content under republic. If you can celebrate under monarchy, then switch; however if you need to raise luxury rate in order to do so, stay in republic.

Comment

Working...
                              X