Maximum Amount of Trade Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Amount of Trade Arrows

The highest amount of arrows for a trade route was 39 for one route.
    In my last OCC game I had a trade route with a city that was only 15 fields away - but brought me 32 arrows per route (had 3 trade routes to this city ). I think it was behind the date line.
    Does anybody know the highest possible amount of trade arrows for one route?
    What's your personal record?
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

I've seen nearly +70 for a specially optimised city (superhighways, rails, etc on a 4 gold and the rest sea location) in 2x production. The limit is probably quite a bit higher, maybe +255.

Comment

The best I've seen is 40 arrows per route using a site found on a random start. I imagine that in an MP game where two players cooperate, each having a Super Trade City on good sites, this can really get a lot higher.

Comment

i dont think i have had higher than 25 on a route
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I can remember some SPIKE like numbers when I was playing record score setting games. But in MP, we never get that far so the most I've seen in a long time is in the WAR4 range. (o.k. maybe a little higher than that)

RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

rah, its always about +1 upmanship for you isnt it in mp i have seen 23 or so, but that is tops that i remember as of this moment

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              I can remember some SPIKE like numbers when I was playing record score setting games.
              /me takes a bow.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                * DrSpike takes a bow.
                Even if the accolade was intended for DrFell ?

SG[1]
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Never let merit stand in the way of credit SG.

Comment

SG[1]

Comment

Hehe thanks.....it's a nice line.....someone should use it as their sig.

Comment

Oppps, wrong Doc.
                        Just another Senior Moment.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

actually we should all be bowing to you SG....is your hut finder in the GL yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DrFell
                            I've seen nearly +70 for a specially optimised city (superhighways, rails, etc on a 4 gold and the rest sea location) in 2x production. The limit is probably quite a bit higher, maybe +255.
                            I tested a game with no specials IIRC. I had rivers and traded with different continents. Normal production. I used the editor to get the rivers and continents:

2640 science beakers
                            282 trade icons
                            3 trade routes each 52
                            Production 110

Next time I'd like to test using 4 golds in my city and the receiving one(s). Always trading with the one who has the highest # trade arrows. Living on a small island as "possible" as far away from the tradepartner as possible. Rivers of course. Optimal phantom railpaths btw the foreign cities (they will be on different islands) Initiate trade btw themselves.

If I put my island to the far east and the ones I will trade with on the far west will this actually be close? Can anyone give coordinates for what would be optimal?

I guess I have to check up on samson's thread on trade calculation before I do this. If I do it...

Comment

I have dim recollections of trade routes in the 80's from my OCC fortnight games - but my memory could easily be at fault...

SG[1]

Comment

Working...
                              X