the 'show enemy moves' option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowThinker
    Do you want to say the activity is showed only for the 'owner' of the tile (i.e. for the last civ that entered the tile)? But barb activities are shown for everybody...

Do you know where elsewhere?
    No, I don't remember exactly where I saw it, it was in some discussion of barb activity I think, but after that I paid more attention to visible barb movement and tested it some with repeat visits. If you pass through (not "next to") a particular tile you will see any barb activity there after you are gone until another civ passes through. If you see it turn irrigated, another civ has founded a city there. I did not know about the "land area" stat in Demographics but that is an interesting connection. It seems if you travel widely hunting huts, even before your first city, you can get a pretty good "land area" stat too. I think it might work at sea too, but I have not tested it rigorously, but as I think about the places barb ships have "popped up" they tend to be places my ships have passed through, or else I first see them when they hit land and drop units off. If you explore a lot early on you will "mark" a lot of tiles.

Comment

Hmmm, I thought that after you had uncovered the black by searching, that you saw any barb movement in that area for the rest of the game. Hmmm I can't ever remember losing sight of barb in explored area and having him reappear. This would happen if what you said is true. May have to test that one.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

rah either can i, it was also a way of determining spawning points which can be usefull in MP too...so long as your opponent doesnt' fill the area quickly
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Yep. It's nice to have a field for growning kings. It's quite the cash crop.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

the only time its annoying is when its all flat land and you dont have an attacking unit, even vet phalanxes can have problems with horsies on open terrain

Comment

Yeah, kings are fine once you are set up to take advantage.....till that time I would gladly take the humble and peaceful step of allowing my opponent to take as much of my 'cash crops' as he wants.

Comment

I try to be set up to take advantage as early as possible. An extra 150 early in an MP game is quite advantagous
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yeah, one of my last games, i got a king each turn for five consec turns.....needless to say, as i kept expanding it produced temples in 10 new cities

Comment

Yes it really helps getting extra settlers bought and then the temples to keep them happy.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

well it sucks having a city go into disorder, but whats worse, disorder for a turn, rush the temple and keep the whale, or not use the whale , rush the temple and next turn the whale is being used by someone else

Comment

I always take the whale and let the city go into disorder. You still get the food and you're going to buy the temple anyway, so I figure you lose nothing but the cost of the temple. Once I get the whale, I want to keep it.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i agree with you.....if you have to build a unit its two turns when the city goes into disorder, whereas the temple is one cuz you can rush while its in disorder...

Comment

That's why it's critical for those later cities to have units moving with the settlers.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yeah but when you have 12-16 ciites and its 2650, its hard to keep up with the unit production

Comment

Working...
                              X