Veteran status of Missiles(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran status of Missiles(?)

In the midpoint of the Mongol scenario I noticed with a dismay that my Assasins have not a veteran status . Is this due to their 'missile' status?
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

They can't win it... the question is, are they vets if they come from a barracks? I always assumed cruise missiles could be built as vets if they came from an airport city.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

For some reason, "veteran" status is *never* assigned to cruise missiles, even if the city that builds them has an airport. I don't know why, either, because they need veteran status if you even hope to successfully attack a city shielded with SAM *and* SDI with cruise missiles. But I suppose that would make them too powerful ... even the AEGIS wouldn't last terribly long against a veteran cruise missile attack. (Unless you upped its stats ... but that presents another problem known as unit balance.)

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

You learn something every day...

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I always thought this was a deliberate attempt to 'balance' missiles versus anti-missile units/defences.

Comment

I did also.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

well how could a missle be a vet anyways...the only way i could see this being in gameplay, is if the amount of the warhead was increased.....in which case it would be a different type of missle....

but i know cruise missles come in different shapes and sizes......

still, a vet cruise missle to me is a nuke
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
              X