Narz Monthly Civ Challnge #6 : November/December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narz Monthly Civ Challnge #6 : November/December

Welcome once again Civ II fans. The new NMCC is out and this time you have over a month and a half to complete it! For those new to the NMCC it is basically a monthly (or bi-monthly) game where all players start from an equal start and try to win the game as quickly (and get as big) as possible. It is fun because not only is it a challange but you get to see you you fare against other Civ II fans. Here's the game start for the month.

Specs for this month
    7 Civilizations, King, Large Flat Map, Barbarian level = Roving Bands

Download Here!

This is another semi-crippled start for the human and slight advantage for the hapless AI. You are Napoleon of the French, banished on a tiny island with only your small but loyal city and a single carvel. Note, this is not a historical scenerio or an Earth like map but I figured it was appropriate to have Napoleon as the leader of an island stranded tribe.

Another twist, there are three barbarian cities each with one quality wonder, Magellian's Expidition, Michaelangelo's Chapel and Adam Smith's Trading Company. Rather than quietly build these wonders the played must go out and find and capture them.

Due to the fact that people have lives outside of Civ (even me... well I'm working on it anyway ) I have extended the amount of time you have for the game straight through to New Year's Day 2003. Enjoy!

- Narz
    Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

"This is not a .sav file" is the message I get.

Comment

Hmmm. I don't know what the problem is... what version of Civ do you use? I have Gold by the way. Does anyone else think they might be able to help Lars? Thanks.

- Narz

Comment

Upgrade to MGE, there is a patch on CF for download I think.

Btw, why do I get crusaders out of my second and third hut

Comment

I have 2.62. So it's already 'upgraded'. Only 2.42 could be upgraded to MGE...

The Git or Gits are experts on this!

Comment

[QUOTE]
            Btw, why do I get crusaders out of my second and third hut
            Might be because I had to bestow a certain Civ with Monotheism in order for them to be able to build Michalangelo's Chapel (and then subsequetly be taken over by barbarians). Shouldn't be any more flukes like that.

- Narz

Comment

I got it Narz. I look into the game in a few days.

Comment

Why not just edit techs?
                Attached Files

Comment

Good news: the French have just landed on AC

Landing in 1x63

Narz, I guess you have noticed that I never play for score. IMO 'milking' a game is just a bore and doesn't require any special skill.
                  The best test of a player's skill is early conquest or early landing. That is what I try to achieve (and don't always succeed).
                  So let us see who beats 1x63 this time .
                  Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Goodjob LaFayette, I agree, playing for score makes the game less enjoyable. By the way, did you mail the saved games to me? If you sent them to my AOL address could you please forward to to my other address : anthonarz@rcn.com , I never bother to check AOL anymore, too much spam!

Atawa, Lars and all others, please e-mail your saves to the above address also. Enjoy!

- Narz

Comment

Working...
                    X