Caravans and Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debeest
    I was thinking that passing through might trigger a look only at the trade adviser, producing a popup, but it didn't look at actual demand until you tried to deliver.
    If that was the case, then when i tried to redeliver it to the city I would have gotten the same popup, which I did not. ?????

I did nothing in between. Moved into city (using keep moving option) moving one square out and one square back and got a different popup. hmmmmm So it's reasonable to expect that choosing "keep moving" played a role in the change. We play no alliance games/with no tech trading, so no one could have been trading techs at the time. Since it was my turn, no one could have been stealing techs or experiencing city growth. The only other possiblility is that someone else was checking out the trade advisor. Hmmmmmm. I'd hate to think that just looking at it creates change. I'd rather buy that it hasn't refreshed yet.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, I've often thought that some perverse programmer put something in there to detect approaching caravans and left-click commodity checks…
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by debeest
        I was thinking that passing through might trigger a look only at the trade adviser, producing a popup, but it didn't look at actual demand until you tried to deliver.
        However unlikely this may sound - it could be correct -- I have sometimes observed that despite the pop-up saying "this commodity is demanded" the pay-off has belied the statement - mayhap one needs to click on the city prior to delivery in order to refresh whatever source is being used for this 'data'

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I'm more likely to believe that. I've seen some crappy pays when it was demanded when I expected much better.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Definitely a ditto to that, rah.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I agree with SG, about clicking on a city to refresh its current (and actual) demands, and suspect that this information is not updated until that is done. I suspect the trade advisor is only updated in between turns, so it's possible for it to show what used to be in demand.

There are times when odd changes to supply and demand occur after building some city improvements, especially aqueducts, which appear when you use "zoom to city" right after building. Afterwards, if you investigate that city again, it has returned to "normal", with the original (actual) supply and demands returning to where they were before.

Comment

i believe the discovery of tech plays a role in supply and demands as well.....i can't prove it, but so often when i discover tech, or a wonder is built, payoffs, and commodities change......

and i know there are certain techs which trigger this, that has been discussed before, i just wonder if tech plays a bigger role than we think
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                X