Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Narz Monthly Civ Challange #5! (October)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narz Monthly Civ Challange #5! (October)

This month's NMCC will be another one of the most fun games of Civilization II you have ever played. It will also be quite a challange, even more so than the previous NMCC. The game is set on King difficulty level, with seven tribes. You play the Zulus who have fallen far behind their other neighbors in terms of size and science. You must prove that despite their primative and limited start, they can rise to become a great empire and crush those who do not take them seriously!

Specs : DifficultyLevel=King : Barbs=Roving Bands : MapSize=Medium

This will be the first NMCC on a random map. I simply started a normal game on a normal map except that I put it into Accelerated Startup (each tribe starts out with 2 cities or one very large city at the year 2000BC). I then used the editor to scale down the Zulus cities so the capital is only a size 2 and the second city is a mere size 1, I also disbanded a couple of unts. All the other tribes are full size and ready for action. To win this game you must first survive the beginning. To do this will take supreme diplomacy skills and rapid buildup and mobilization. I highly recommend building the Great Wall in the game.

Note : Because this a random map that I have no knowledge of, I will also be competing in my own challange for the first time, so I can be sure there is a least one finisher!

Alternative Download Site and Official Narz Monthly Civ Challange Homepage

Enjoy!!

- Narz
    Attached Files
    Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

7 cities

I built 7 cities and launched a SS in 1685AD.
    It's late.
    Details tomorrow.
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I had chosen early conquest in september, so I decided to launch a Space Ship this time. I also decided to build no more than 7 cities (but I got 3 advanced tribes that I didn't destroy + 1 Egyptian city that I was compelled to take in order to protect my empire from endless attacks, so I finished with 11 cities).
      I made use of my 'twin cities' strategy and launched in 1685AD (small ship able to land in 1700AD).

Comment

Here are the saves.
        Attached Files

Comment

I got your saves La Fayette, I have not yet checked them, as I am still working on the game myself (I have not finished yet). Thanks for the submits! Any others working on this game? Hows it coming?

Comment

The game doesnt load says its not a .sav file.

Is this your Mac again?

Comment

Damnit, it should load. For some reason my posted files on CivFanatics and Apolyton always corrupted somehow. Must be the server. Try getting it off my website, that always seems to work for people : http://www.narcity.com/fun/civ/NMCC.html

- Narz

Comment

La Fayette, I was unable to unzip your file, could you please send it again... Just in case it still does not work, please just tell me the year you won and your Civ score at the time of winning and I will add your stats to the winner's roster on my site accordingly. Thanks.

- Narz

Comment

Narz
                  I just posted a 1699AD save to CFC. Please let me know if you can read that one (no zip).

Comment

Got it!

Here are the results :

This month's NMCC!

- Narz

Comment

Working...
                    X