what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do?

Barbarians just landed; how would you handle this?
    The attached save is 2.42.
    Attached Files

If you withdraw your warrior from the city, leaving it undefended, the barbs will most likely demand tribute for not sacking it. If you pay, the archer will most likely disappear immediately -- although, assuming there's a leader under him, I'm not sure about that. The option of paying tribute depends on your having enough gold to pay it, and the amount demanded will I think be at least half of your gold, with a minimum based on city size, beginning at 50 gp for a size 1 city, 75 gp for your size 2 city. It's worth paying it if the archer will disappear -- especially if he leaves behind the leader. My answer is based on a thread from a year or two back that covered this quite well.

Comment

I haven't dled the save, but reading from debeest's post - if your treasury will bear it evacuate and cough up - unfortunately, debeest, the King will go with the Archer

SG[1]
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I did this:

1.Bought the last couple sheilds in row 2 and switched back to settler.
        2.disbanded warrior.
        3.Hire Elvis and move worker to buffalo
        4.paid 53 tribute-no more barbs
        5.spent 28(iirc) to finish the settler.

result:
        undefended size 1 city and 1 new settler.Treasury depleted but nation safe.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

In actuality, I did this:
          1. Spent some gold advancing production in other
          cities, leaving 52 gold left.
          2. Moved my defending archer out of the city on the side
          opposite the archer(s)?
          3. Paid 50 gold tribute and saved the city.
          --------------------------------------------------
          The game was deity, raging hordes, so my defending archer had no chance against a barb archer. I think it was two archers, but you have to look closely when they arrive to tell. The price to save the city was well worth it.

Comment

Working...
          X