Pollution question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollution question

If you nuke enemy cities, do the appearing skulls count for global warming? In my opinion they don't. But if you conquer these cities ...
    I had games where I nuked 10 and more enemy cities, but i didn't take them. No global warming effect.
    What's the opinion of the experts?
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

i'm no expert (hell, deity is really hard for me ) but i think you are right, it's usually my howitzers that kill enemy stacks and not nukes, but after i take the city, the AI nukes it and they take a few cities back, but once i reconquer those nuked cities - poof, serious global warming
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

actually, yesterday i was playing the ww2 scenario, as the axis i nuked at least a dozen cities, i got the pollution warning "global temperatures rising" but then i beat it so i never got to see wether something was going to happen... but it definitely does count towards the total pollution.. although if the AI nukes something i don't think that counts
      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

If the AI nukes your city, the skulls certainly count.

Haven't checked, but I think every skull on the board counts. Makes it tough when you can't really send your engineers in to clean up in enemy territory.

Comment

AI only nuke cities so if you circle your cities with units or airbases (8 squares per city) then you don't get nuked. Also an empty city doesn't get nuked.

Comment

but humans can nuke empty cities right?
            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

a message will tell you that the nuke cannot capture the empty city.

Comment

Working...
              X