No announcement yet.

Is the elephant too powerful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rarely build elephants... it's a matter of tech path !
    But I often have several chariots (a good exploring unit in the early game ) for one reason : we can find chariots in huts, not elephants !
    JCP
    Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by JCP
      ) for one reason : we can find chariots in huts, not elephants !
      this is incorrect....i have received many ellies from huts....
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Elephants often fall out of huts. It's a sure sign that one of the AI civs has Polytheism even if you don't have this tech.

-----------------

SG(2)
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

SG, that suggests some testing and some GL work for our academics. Have they studied huts?

Comment

Elephants often fall out of huts
            If SG and War4ever have seen that, it's OK.
            Personnaly, I remember huts hiding several kinds of units (mainly archer, horseman and charriot as soon as some civ discovered Wheel, even crusader) but not elephant.
            Perhaps it was games were elephant came late and crusader early ?
            JCP
            Paris, FRANCE

Comment

elephants can be useful, but in well defended cities they get killed immediately, i prefer building legions in my border towns and then charging blindly into battle, capturing some cities along the way
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by JCP

Personnaly, I remember huts hiding several kinds of units (mainly archer, horseman and charriot as soon as some civ discovered Wheel, even crusader) but not elephant.
                I've found elephants in huts quite often as well!! (an elephant in a hut?? easy to find, if it's not hiding in the fridge... )
                Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                  I like the sound they make.
                  Definitely! Nothing more effective in waking me up 2 AM, than an AI elephant attacking something that is mine

Carolus

Comment

If SG and War4ever have seen that, it's OK
                    But if I say it,its a ball of crap?

I'm taking my ball and I'm going home.

The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

SG[1] - don't forget your bat, Smash
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

You can find elephants tipping your first hut, before founding your capital. I've got them often - but then you can be sure there's another civ on your continent with a lot of start techs.
                        There are no silly questions - only silly answers
                        <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

Comment

If you get elephants from a hut and you don't have Polytheism, you can be sure that another civ has it.

If barbs popping out of the wilderness (called rebellion/rebels in the linked paper below) contain elephants, someone has discovered Gunpowder.

See William Keenan's The Barbarian Paper for the details. I consulted Tables 2 and 5, hope I understood it right.

Carolus

Comment

Carolus Rex....did you take a leave of absence? haven't seen you for awhile
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                            X