Pollution and airbases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

conclusion

my conclusion in this case would be that (in case of nuclear fallout) the skulls are totally unrelated to the airbases...
    *building airbases doe not clean up pollution
    *airbases do not prevent nuclear fallout skulls

but on the other hand
    * airbases are not destroyed by nuking a city
    * when the airbase and fortress flag are checked in the cheatmode,the airbase will be build and the fortress-flag will be errased

(PS: afterward with the screenshots the choice of civ wasn't the best one, purple A's aren't really clear to see)

something that still might be checked is the effect of city-pollution...didn't have the time to do this.
    all testing happened with this save:
    Attached Files
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Maybe the concerning flag is overridden by cheating.
      My CIV-Version is 2.42.
      I never noticed pollution on airbases in my games, and I play very often (nearly every day )
      There are no silly questions - only silly answers
      <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

Comment

Originally posted by ramses II.
        Maybe the concerning flag is overridden by cheating.
        My CIV-Version is 2.42.
        I never noticed pollution on airbases in my games, and I play very often (nearly every day )
        try the above save and remove all pollutioncleaning infrastructure from the city and wait some turns...

Shade
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

I've played around with my save myself...it seems that polution caused by the city doesn't appear on terrain with Airports.
          (to test I made 1/2 of ciyradius airbased and the other half not, and removed all improvements in the city wich could reduce pollution)
          result after a few dozen turns and a GW --> the half without airbases is polluted entirely the other terrainsquares(with airport) don't have pollution.

Final conclusion:
          * airbased squares don't get polluted by citypollution(ppl & production)
          * airbased squares get polluted by nukes
          * airbases don't get destroyed by nukes
          * airbases override the fortressflag(in cheatmode)
          * building an airbase doesn't clean up pollution.

Shade
          [edit] forgot something in the conclusionlist[/edit]
          Last edited by shade; June 16, 2002, 05:43.

Comment

Further to: "* airbases override the fortressflag(in cheatmode) "
            I believe that airbases still act as Fortresses (in the sense that only one unit of a stack is killed at a time - but with no defensive bonus...

SG[1]
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

So I was right, but it wasn't me who found that out. The airbase-no pollution thing is known in German fora (Civilization Webring Forum and others), they've got some English speaking members, too. Many of them (Thoddy, Oedo, me and others) are members in this forum, too.
              If all the city radius is covered with airbases, air defense is difficult. A plane can only move one field (hmmmm!).
              But I think some stealth fighters at the edges of the city radius wouldn't cause unhappiness, they would be considered as units on fortifications. Am I right?
              There are no silly questions - only silly answers
              <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                Further to: "* airbases override the fortressflag(in cheatmode) "
                I believe that airbases still act as Fortresses (in the sense that only one unit of a stack is killed at a time - but with no defensive bonus...
                SG[1]
                Correct on both counts.

Building a fortress on an airbase eliminates the latter. The reverse is also true (regular play, not cheat mode).
                The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses II. But I think some stealth fighters at the edges of the city radius wouldn't cause unhappiness, they would be considered as units on fortifications. Am I right?
                  Fighters never cause unhappiness, iirc.

Edit: unless on carriers? It's been a long time since I played into the modern era. Do they cause unhappiness if stationed on an airbase outside the city radius? I think not, but am not certain.
                  Last edited by Marquis de Sodaq; June 20, 2002, 10:42.
                  The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                  intelligence to few.

Comment

fighters do not cause unhappiness when out of cities. They can be in airbases far away from cities and on carriers. Bombers cause unhappiness even inside cities.

Comment

Working...
                    X