Victorious Battleship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victorious Battleship

In one of my games the small city of Turin had a very important strategic site: It was the only city from where I could reach the core of the persian empire in one turn. The persians took it away, but I managed to bribe it back the next turn. I found nearly 20 ships in Turin, among them a vet battleship. I located a fleet of persian ships and ordered the battleship to attack them.
    First shot - 18(!!!) ships destroyed, 2nd shot - 9 ships destroyed.
    *very big grin *
    For the small amount of about 200 gold I destroyed nearly the whole persian fleet ...
    Long live the diplos!
    (Deity, raging, map 125x80, other parameters medium)
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

mmmh... piece of cake!
    googol... this is a number!
    "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
    "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

This reminds me of a chat here last year about the single biggest kills people made in a game. The largest were by people hitting a spawning point with barbarians set at raging hordes +1 - 60 or 70 barbarians piled up on a tile all killed by one missile!

With regular settings, others (including me ) reported sinking 30 or 40 ships in one strike. The AI piled everybody up in an inlet (apparently the goto order took them all there). You just can't pass up the opportunity to sink 4000 shields worth of AI ships...
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
      X