Bribing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bribing

What affects bribe costs, both for units and cities?

You should check in the GL. (for a complete answer.

But off the top of my head.

Distance from the opponent;s capital of the unit you're bribing with.

Amount of money opponent has.

Building Cost of the unit/size of city.

Courthouses raises the city bribe cost.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

can't bribe in demo..........barbs are cheaper....so are bribing back preowned cities
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Everything you want to know about bribery, and then some, can be found in the old thread "Info: Diplomats and Spies" by SlowThinker. It was in this forum, but has not been bumped for at least a half year. I'll look for it briefly and bump it if I find it.
        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
        intelligence to few.

Comment

Cheers all.

Comment

Okay, it was ten months ago, and is now in the archives. You can't post to it, but here's the link:

Info: Diplomats and Spies

intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
              Okay, it was ten months ago, and is now in the archives. You can't post to it...
              Yes, you can post: Info: diplomats and spies, new forum format

Marquis, I suppose ALL archives were copied to the new forum format. Or am I wrong?

Valid links to all the "Info:" threads are here:
              "The Great Library: a hierarchical structure"
              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

spies bribe cheaper than dips, and vet spies are even cheaper. If a city is in revolt, it bribes at 50%. A city in a civ with no palace is at maximum distance and is very cheap. Approach to bribe the city from the square away from the capitol, and it may be a bit cheaper. This is my favorite way too take a city.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                  Marquis, I suppose ALL archives were copied to the new forum format. Or am I wrong?
                  Because of recent CivLab activity, my combat thread has been bumped in the last week or two. I see the settler/engineer thread on this page now. I am not sure about how things work now that Apolyton is on a new server, tho...

intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
                    I am not sure about how things work now that Apolyton is on a new server, tho...
                    Everything works as before, you just have to replace apolyton.net by 64.246.32.51/~admin1

Comment

Everything works as before, you just have to replace apolyton.net by 64.246.32.51/~admin1
                      It depends on where you are. The IP addresses are finally being updated around the world. Most people can now use just the ole apolyton.net stuff. If that doesn't work, the above address addition will help. But you should be back to normal in less than 24 hours... unless you live in a 3rd world country
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I see, apolyton.net works as before and my signature must be rebuilt again

Comment

I see, apolyton.net works as before and my signature must be rebuilt again
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

... and Slow Thinker will once more be promoted SETTLER
                            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

I don't know if you sighted the second version of my signature, I didn't realize signatures in old posts would be rewritten.
                              I praised Scouses for their shrewdness, since they knew the forums will move to the new server and they would have to rebuild the library again...

Comment

Working...
                              X