Barbarian activity question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geofelt
    The outcome of huts is random, I suspect that the angle of approach theory is just statistical variation. That said, I seem to get a premonition before I get an advanced tribe.
    Statistical variation would be my guess also.

I, however, don't get premonitions, it's usually just a cry of desperation. "I REALLY REALLY NEED A CITY/NOMAD" right about now. And all of you die hards know the usual result to that cry. "DAMN F*CK*NG BARBS"

Rich

The only terrain diff that I'm aware of is the diff between city/nomad. And maybe that legion thing, but that has never been consistent in my experience. Of course maybe just never paid that close attention to it.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I know the statement
      "Barbs don't come from huts in city area".

But what is the city area?

I decided to play my first serious game (Campo challenge), and so I had to run some tests:

Conclusion:
      I think that huts are barb-safe even as the hut square is besides (but not diagonally) to the working city area.
      I don't know if the city must be yours(??)

Agreement?
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

You're definitely safe from barbs in huts within the city radius. I've had barbs out of huts on squares immediately adjacent to the city radius.

Also, BTW, yesterday, for the first time in my memory, the first hut I opened produced an elephant. I've had horses, legion, but never an elephant. Very handy first unit.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
          I've had barbs out of huts on squares immediately adjacent to the city radius.
          I have always found that these squares were barb free?

-------------

SG(2)
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Not in my Mac version anyway. But then the Mac version tosses up all sorts of surprises. Like - as I've grizzled about so many times before - the barbs can take your capital - defended - if it's your first and only city. The bugger even still freezes in MP games on AI turns. Despite the numerous patches. We Mac addicts are a hardy lot.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker
              I decided to play my first serious game (Campo challenge), and so I had to run some tests:
              ST has finally played CivII!

Of course, it broke down into a testing session, anyway...
              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
              intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
              X