X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found on or near a special?

In another thread War4ever said:
    i build on gold, iron , and wine after my first couple of cities are down.......the rest of the specials i tend to build close to , but not on top of
    This raises a question I've wondered about but never tested. If you're not in a location to utilize two or more specials, is it better to build on a special or near it? Assuming you could found on grassland or plains and still reach the special, which is better -- and why?

I suspect the answer depends on which special because growth is so slow on some terrain. If so, then I'm interested in the details.

Thanks.

Well, I often opt for founding the city on a grassland square without a shield, the tried and true method of getting one more resource in to your city limits, as the city square on a grassland ALWAYS includes one shield. I tend to place cities to maximize the resources for some cities, then have the rest filling in the non-resourced areas - that way you can concentrate a little harder on the better placed cities for better results earlier.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Okay, I see there's another current thread titled "The pros and cons of building cities on special resources" that addresses this subject.

What I don't understand is why that thread didn't show up as new before I created this one. It didn't have the red open envelope icon.

Sorry for the duplication/stupidity.

Comment

Yep... there is a current thread on this subject already...

So... I think I'll close this one and the discussion can continue in the other thread
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
        X