Great Library form factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Library form factor

Not sure where to direct this so I guess I'll start a thread...
    This will seem insignificant to many here, but...

I've been a bit frustrated by the layout of the Great Library. Tons of great info, but much of it difficult to print or download due to page width, headers, etc. I can pull it all out as text and paste it together, but have to spend so much edit time compacting it to a usable form that -- well, you get the idea.

The main GL page has a "printable version" icon at the top.
    Every current thread has the same. Yet the GL content pages do not.
    (I assume that means that the "printable" function is from vBulletin and that all the GL stuff is from earlier threads.)

So the question is --
    How much trouble would it be to re-post the GL through the vBulletin software?
    (For that matter, even Acrobat files would be an improvement.)

Those of us who still have a lot to learn would love to have nice, compact text saves -- easy to print, easy to distill/edit etc.

...just a thought.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

This issue came up back when the GL was being made. The main problem is condensing endless verbiage of threads into a concise thread that would lend itself to easy printing. The problem is someone taking the time to actually do it. Only 3 condensed threads were made (combat, diplo/spy, and settler/engineer). Also, some of the links are duds, iirc.

You are right that many of the threads predate the switch to the new forum software. Maybe you could update all the threads to a pdf version?
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

Yes, it would be a great idea to update those old links and why not to clear them of useless talk.
      But the job of collecting them was already a good step forward
      True enough that this wealth of knowldege in an accurate and comprehensive form would be priceless
      Boy all that I did not know (despite years of playing) before I visited the Apolyton forums
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

If anybody has the skill and the time to undertake such a task...

Feel free to PM or email MarkG or DanQ and volunteer.

State your case on why you think it should be done,
        And why you are silly enough to volunteer

Since this is a fan/hobby site, it's the only way something will be done. As you can see, many people have already contributed a ton of their time here. To them, thanks... To anybody else that wants to contribute their time to this community... thanks in advance.

Have fun!
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
        X