No announcement yet.

Positioning to conquer a city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIRC I have just 2 interim saves -- one in the 1840s, then another from pretty late, maybe `869.

My technique was to
    (1) get to Tactics
    (2) get to Espionage (and get the UN)
    (3) convert to Fundamentalism at first Oedo after the above and kick some tail.

I was in Commie for most of (1) and (2), during which time I built an army of Crusaders, waiting to be promoted when Tactics was discovered. Coastal cities built Ironclads. Once I had Tactics, I built a bunch of Dips for Spy conversion while gathering my strike force.
    Besides the UN, I didn't build any wonders during the endgame. (Wait, there was one... Darwin's, which was critical.)

I'll post my saves on the spoiler thread tonight, assuming 'poly will cooperate.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Congrats on your victory JRabbit... Keep on playing because that's the only way to get better.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Sorry for the double-post, gang. My first attempt timed out on this end, so I hit Reload. Equals two.

Thx Ming...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• What double post...
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Let us dream about a garden party in Mingapulco, in honor of Jrabbit's achievement
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• But if we're all in Mingapulco who's going to post about the victory........

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                But if we're all in Mingapulco who's going to post about the victory........
                I will
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Without a schitzophrenia promoting drug that could get kinda dull for you.

Comment

• He doesn't need it,
                    He has Me.

RAH
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                    X