Steal and Bribe ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steal and Bribe ...

If i want to bribe a city, i take two diplos: the first steals a tech, the second bribes the city - yet another tech!
    Sometimes i sell all city-improvements of that bribed city and rehome all the units to my nearest city and leave this city undefended.
    The AI will take the chance ...then i take two diplos ...*grin*

Last edited by ramses II.; February 27, 2002, 06:37.
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

This seems like a really expensive way to get techs. In order to acquire two techs, you're expending the money to bribe the city and 60 shields (since the diplos disappear after use). I could see it if the city were of strategic value, but I sure can't see abandoning the city and repeating the process; why not keep the city and do the same thing to the next closest one? Plus, it's rare that a civ would have two techs I wanted; I always find the bigger problem is that I take a city and get stuck with some tech I've been studiously avoiding (like pottery or warrior code), thus slowing down my research.
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

also each time they take back that city they can get a tech to(always the case with me since I tend to be NR1 in science)
      btw why waste a diplo on just stealing the tech if you can bribe the city and get the tech??

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

good plan!...kinda easy though....you can only steal once with dips.The city is flagged once you steal from it.You can't "unflag" a city..afaik.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

That's the trick. If you have stolen a tech from a city, you can't steal a second. But if you've bribed that city and the AI has got it back ... it works several times!
          You only should do that if you're technologically behind.
          It isn't very expensive. In the later game, money isn't the problem.
          @shade
          It isn't a waste. You get two techs that way!
          There are no silly questions - only silly answers
          <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

Comment

Originally posted by ramses II.
            @shade
            It isn't a waste. You get two techs that way!
            Yup...I know,but I tend to have the bad habit not to want to give them anything back and beeing E=mc²-th

Shade
            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
            X