Who wants to be obsolete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lars-E

The Civilopdia says about barracks: "Repairs damaged ground units in one turn". This can be seen on the picture provided by shade. Is the Civilopedia wrong here? Are there other mistakes in it as well and in the manual?!
    Units which stay one full turn in a city with barracks are repaired back to full strength: the Civilopedia tells the truth.
    What I forgot to mention - and was stressed by smash- is that STWA does NOT repair damaged units in 1 turn.
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette
      Here is my knowledge:
      1) Barracks cost 40 shields (1 gold/turn maintenance cost before discovery of Gunpowder).
      2) When Gunpowder is discovered, all your barracks are sold automatically (40 gold each). If you rebuild any, the cost remains 40 shields but the upkeep becomes 2 gold/turn.
      3) When Mobile Warfare is discovered, all your barracks are again sold automatically (40 gold each). If you rebuild any, the cost remains 40 shields, but the upkeep becomes 3 gold/turn.

STWA replaces all barracks anywhere in the world until Mobile Warfare makes it obsolete (but it also makes ANY unit veteran after 1 fight won, which is VERY precious when you build ironclads without owning LH).
      ok I did some checking ==>IT IS TRUE

In my little research I even found out something else
      If you are playing chieftan the max-cost for barracks is 2
      on diety the maxcost is 3g/turn
      used cheat and build a also cheated some other buildings as proof,I gave my civ ALL techs trough cheat and then builded those barraks...
      an other thing When the cost goes up(2 and 3g/turn) Adam Smiths doesn't pay anymore for them.

-->this is on chieftan
      Attached Files
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

-->this is on diety
        (This really feels like,but now I'm finished and CONVINCED )
        Attached Files
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Adam Smith only pays maintenance for improvements requiring 1 gold/turn, so your results seem to be in accordance with the guidebook and common knowledge (except the low maintenance cost at chieftain level ... but who plays chieftain?)
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Adam Smith only pays maintenance for improvements requiring 1 gold/turn, so your results seem to be in accordance with the guidebook and common knowledge
            -->It could have be the other way,since barraks only cost 1G/turn in the beginning...
            (except the low maintenance cost at chieftain level ... but who plays chieftain?)
            -->that's what you get when setting up a game very fast and just click ok

Shade

Comment

Heh, heh, heh!

How's the record attempt going?

Carolus

Comment

good,time to continue,but first I want to finish a game I'm making(that will prob take a day or 2 more,this weekend I go on with my reign )

Shade

Comment

where did u get the barracks screen shot from - my game doesnt have that one

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                    where did u get the barracks screen shot from - my game doesnt have that one
                    -->civilopedia,just pu cd in when you play and go look for Barracks in your civilopedia.
                    Shade

Comment

Originally posted by shade

-->civilopedia,just pu cd in when you play and go look for Barracks in your civilopedia.
                      Shade
                      What install did you use? I don't need the cd to view the civilopedia. In fact I haven't used the cd in ages, I probably should, just so I can hear that good ole music i grew up with

I hate to see this forum so dead... It used to be one of the most active places on the site. I honestly am surprised that so many people still play Civ3. I downlaoded the patch for it, but I can't say if I've even played it since then. I still play Civ2, if for no other reason than I just like it better than 3.

Comment

What install did you use?
                        Doesn't matter, my only goal was to be certain to find it,since I didn't know how the person who asked for it had civ2 installed.
                        (I know there are different install options ranging from 30Mb to 500Mb or so,the last one just copies ALL to your HD the smallest one you don't even have the Civilopedia...)

Come to the democracy forum,there is a lot of life there...

Shade

Comment

Working...
                        X