No announcement yet.

OCC "fortnight" #23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridge Building often gets in the way (and later Banking or Atomic Theory). But note that the tech you are researching is by definition also a joker tech, since it obviously stays available.

------------------
    If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Dounty

Being stuck in despotism for so long did you in. Even average luck with invention lets you start as a Monarchy or Republic. WLTDD was your only option, and I see you made use of it. Perhaps more caravans very early, before building Colossus, library, marketplace would have helped you to a better form of government a little earlier. More early caravans speed up early science, and commodities only last so long before you are stuck with only food. Once a city gets to a decent size, Colossus, library, etc. become more effective. But this was a special situation. In the usual OCC game, Colossus first is the best move because you usually have nothing better to do. But in a nutshell, you were held back about 1000 years by bad luck and did the best with what you were given.

The thing that helped me improve my OCC play the most was to study the logs of the players who do the best and to keep practicing on old scenarios while referring to the logs of the best players, so I could compare how I was doing in my own practice games.

All that tribute and all those gifts you managed was quite amazing! I am not good at this. Please clue me in on how you do this so effectively! Are you playing MGE or an earlier version? In my games I only managed one alliance. After that, no amount of free tech would warm up any of the other AI to form one. Also, if I talked to them too often, they just cut me off, but you seemed to get away with your constant contacts. I must be doing something wrong. Can you help?

------------------
      It is more pleasant to live in the corner of a housetop,
      than in a wide house with a brawling woman.

Comment

It took some time , but I finally made the comparison table for this game.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 02-06-2001 03:35 AM
          20 archers
          13 legions
          26 horsemen
          10 chariots
          14 elephants
          25 techs
          1200+gold

Comment

Working...