Playing as the Barbarians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing as the Barbarians

I remember that I managed to play as the barbarians once(using the cheat menu).
    I dont remember how I did it, though. I'll try to do it again now.

So, how hard will it be to win the game as the Barbarians?

------------------
    Builder.

"Antisemites? They are just the descendants of monkeys and are jealous of the descendants of Adam and Eve"

"The length of a minute depends on which side of the toilet door you're on"
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Playing as the Barbs? I do not know what to say, I thought a game in despotism was the limit.

By the way Eli do you ever play ctp multiplayer? If not then I had a mini conversatuion with someone else using the same name as you. weird!!@@##$$

Comment

I'd love to try it but it just seems awfully buggy when I have. I'd imagine it'd also be real hard since the AI has an attack bonus vs barbarians. I've seen AI explorers win battles vs barbarian artillery.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Boney on 04-14-2001 05:11 PM
        By the way Eli do you ever play ctp multiplayer? If not then I had a mini conversatuion with someone else using the same name as you. weird!!@@##$$

No, that wasn't me.

I dont remember how I managed to become Barbarian... I tried now, and failed.

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Eli, use the cheat menu to set the human player as "NONE". You will then be a barbarian.
          Rome rules

Comment

Set human player to none and reveal the barbarian map.

Comment

Ah...

ok, thanks, i'll try playing later.

Comment

I tried that a while ago and I wasn´t able to do it

do we need to do it in FW or MGE??
                Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

It doesnt work that well. This is what I meant by buggy above.
                  When I tried it I was only able to control for one turn the barbarians that were sprung from huts. The units also do not highlight so you dont know which unit is supposed to be going. Also when menu pops up "do you want to attack at 1/3" or 2/3 it doesnt let you cancel the attack for them. Its like the barbarians are on "auto or go to a location" but cant cancel it most of the time.

Edits: I am using FW
                  [This message has been edited by Chris1111 (edited April 16, 2001).]

Comment

Follow the "none = human" instructions while the barbs are in control of at least one city. I did that once when experimenting and it worked for a few turns. As I say, I was playing, so I didn't try it to see if you could go a whole game that way. As I recall, I was able to produce a settler and found a city. However, I sometimes have troubles with my memory, so maybe not.
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I have tried it from the beginning of the game, MGE. Only problem is that I lose every combat, and I dont wound anybody.
                      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

ST, How did you start off as the barbs? It's not like there's a spare barb settler sitting around.
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Blaupanzer,
                          In 4000 BC I went to cheat mode and I set human player to none and revealed the barbarian map. Then I had to wait so that barbs arise somewhere.
                          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Working...
                          X