Partisans emerging after bribing a city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partisans emerging after bribing a city

This thread is referred from the "Info: diplomats and spies" thread thread. This post contains all information about partisans emerging after bribing a city that I have found at Apolyton.

debeest:
    I'm not sure, but I think partisans begin to boil out of captured cities when the victim has learned industrialization.
    Scouse Gits:
    if the Civ being bribed has researched Communism.
    SlowThinker:
    If the Civ being bribed has acquired Guerilla Warfare(tested briefly test)
    Scouse Gits:
    I ran a check in an old game on the Partisan question. Communism is the advance that produces them when a city is bribed or conquered. Guerrilla Warfare is only needed if you wish to build them..
    SlowThinker:
    It may be more complicated. I tested in cheat mode again: There were partisans with all advances, and they finished when i removed just Guerilla Warfare. But, later, they didn't arise with all advances!
    SlowThinker: Newest test: Dip/spy's civ has acquired Guerilla Warfare AND civ being bribed has acquired Guerilla Warfare AND Conscription.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Guerillas definitely arise before anyone has guerilla warfare in SP 2.42. This is easy to check using cheat mode. I'm with the Scouse Gits that Communism is the key. However, I'm not sure the civ producing the guerillas has to have the tech. Seems more likely that the tech just has to be discovered (i.e., by any civ) for all civs to produce guerillas.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Communism is the key advance for partisans to be generated.
      Guerrilla Warfare not only allows you build partisans, it also increases the number of partisans a victim generates.

------------------
      "There is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp."
      "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
      --

Comment

IMHO I am right:
        Load my test save game from here
        2.42, cheat mode, Romans have Guerilla Warfare, Zulus have Guerilla Warfare AND Conscription. Try eliminate any advance using Ctrl-shift-F6 and partisans will stop to emerge.

But my original tests were with MGE: same results.

Can anybody post a savegame that contradicts my opinion?
        [This message has been edited by SlowThinker (edited April 17, 2001).]
        [This message has been edited by SlowThinker (edited April 17, 2001).]

Comment

Slow thinker,

I've gotten the partisans without guerrilla warfare.

Comment

GP, a savegame?

Comment

No. It was on a different computer, but I distinctly remember it happening several times...there have been threads about it too.

Comment

admission: results of my test on this page are bad, because the city was too small.

Please continue here: Partisans

Comment

Thank you for admitting that. I really respect your logic and integrity, slow. (Wait...what are you doing in Eastern Europe with integirty and logic!?!?)

Comment

To have the possibility of Partisans emerging from your conquered cities you need either:

1. Gunpowder AND Communism (Communism alone will not do it).

2. Guerilla Warfare alone (Neither Communism nor Gunpower are needed).

Comment

See this thread http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=2692

The SGs - blotto
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Although I posted here this thread is not on my User Control Panel...hm...
                        Originally posted by GP
                        Thank you for admitting that. I really respect your logic and integrity, slow. (Wait...what are you doing in Eastern Europe with integirty and logic
                        About integrity - it is similar as in the Western Europe: many small countries...
                        about logic - do you want to say the logic isn't placed evenly through the world?
                        Last edited by SlowThinker; June 30, 2002, 05:29.

Comment

The concepts are the same...but perhaps not the distribution in terms of adherents...

Comment

A test

You may ignore this, I am just trying advices from here:
                            Control Panel - missing threads?

Comment

Working...
                            X