Restart AI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restart AI?

Is there a limit to how late an AI will be restarted?

In my last game, I was periodically tormenting the Vikings, until finally I decided that I may as well just get it over with and capture all their cities, since if I left them alone they would probably start building Volvos - and nobody wants that. ("Our words are backed with BOXY, SLOW-MOVING VEHICLES!") Anyway, I finished capturing all their cities around 1890. But they didn't get restarted. Which leads back to the question at the top of this post. So...

Oh yes - I'm sure I had restart AI checked, because the Mongols (nothing personal, they just got in the way) got restarted.

I think so, but I remember one restarted on me at 1800 A.D.

Comment

I think it depends on the situation of the whole world, not on the date. In the early stages the AI will restart close to the place of the late civ.
      Later on, the computer will look to a quiet place to allow the new civ a chance to grow. It should start with something like half the tech discovered. On a large map, civ will restart much later on.

------------------
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
      Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

I've had civs start as late as 1700's. For me it usually happens on Earth Maps and the civ restarts 9 times out of 10 on greenland(if australia not available) where they flounder and wither away as a starving size 5 city.

Comment

I once had the Egyptians restart in 1999. I was really annoyed about that.

Comment

All the later game restarts I have seen have been on Islands, pershaps the restart cannot occurs unles there is a starting site either on a landmass without any existing cites, or a minimun distance away if on a landmass with existing cites.

I always play with restart because I like a target rich environment.

------------------
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Pontificator Pendanticus
            older richer & wiser than you
            Did I mention that I like spellcheckers?
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
            X