I love railroad-Part II: Art of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love railroad-Part II: Art of War

Railroad is very usefull. If an enemy get this technology, it will not be a problem for you : it will be a throan horse deeply introduced in its territory.

The main error of IA is to build massive railroad areas around each cities and connect them (they are generaly too close ...) without protecting the access...

You can easly exploit this error.

Generaly enemy city in front of yours are seriously defended. But far enemy cities are not.

So take some big military units and one diplomate, or a caravan, or a spy, what you want that ignore enemy zone.

Now enter in its railroad network. always move your diplomate first and your armies after. So your armie will not be blocked by enemy zone. and you can merely attack every enemy cities in one turn (blood and guts) ... espacially far and low defended cities.

Zobo Ze Warrior
    --
    Your brain is your worst enemy!

Yeah, this is pretty standard stuff. You can also use engineers to build your own railways to the AI's cities!
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Comps are morons when it comes to exploiting RR. They general don't build them outside their borders.

------------------
      Go post stuff at
      Civworld forums
      Go post now!
      Message from an Archangel: Do not try seek perfection for perfection is the most imperfect thing that ever existed.

Comment

This is one tech I have no problem giving the enemy when they demand it.

------------------
        "There is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp."
        "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
        --

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Gothmog on 03-12-2001 06:44 AM
          This is one tech I have no problem giving the enemy when they demand it.

Well, I always give this tech as a gift to every civ immediately I have got this one. It seem to be quite high in AI's wish list of techs so it's easy to give away.

Comment

Working...
          X