almost won on diety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost won on diety

I apologize in advance for this topic, I know it is silly to some of you.
    At least it is beyond my earlier won celebratring my victory on emperor.

On a large real world map, i was the americans, playing against aztecs, greeks, and mongols. employing generally peaceful, somewhat perfectionist strat, (only went fundie very briefly) i ended as number 1 (almost )
    and launched in 2015, with scheduled arrival in 2030, much better than rival greeks.

I found we love days very powerful, and shoudl have started using them earlier. I found it easier managing demo in diety than i expected, and should have gone demo earlier than i did.

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Congratulations on your Deity victory.

And as you say, next time go into WLYD's a "TON" earlier. You will love the results.

Keep on Civin'
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sounds good to me - what are you not telling us? how come it is 'almost' won? Did the rotten Greeks roll you over before you landed?
      I'm with Ming - WLPD is really powerful! Use it asap.

------------------
      Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 03-06-2001 05:19 AM
        Sounds good to me - what are you not telling us? how come it is 'almost' won? Did the rotten Greeks roll you over before you landed?
        I'm with Ming - WLPD is really powerful! Use it asap.

Sorry i wasnt clear. I launched in 2015, with 15 years to expected arrival. So as of 2020, the game end, my spacecraft was still on its way (there was no point in adding further to the SS, since even a 7 ear spacecraft would have missed the game end window) Does that count as a win? I assumed it did not and stopped playing in 2020 (though i saved for posterity)

Lord of the mark
        "A poem should not mean, but be"
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

No - that's a big win in my book. Many congratulations.

------------------
          Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
          "The Great Library must be built!"
          "A short cut has to be challenging,
          were it not so it would be 'the way'."
          - Paul Craven
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
          X