Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AI Always Beats Me To (fill in the blank)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never build the pyramids anymore since I play higher levels. I just can't manage it. It is easier to conquer later after I get the happiness wonders.

I don't know how you diety guys do it. But I can only build so many things at once

they can have oracle, great wall, lighthouse, and hanging gardens- blah!

I keep my cities small until I get michaelangelos (I never miss this one)

but one hate losing is magellan's. it is only a conviences, but it is a very convienient convienance

Comment

Lighthouse, I never get it. I've seen the wonder movie once so that early in the game, what's the point? Naval units aren't my biggest priority in the beginnig of the game.

------------------
      Sulla-The last dictator of Rome before Caesar. He changed Rome and Rome sure as hell changed him.
      Sulla-The last dictator of Rome before Caesar. He changed Rome and Rome sure as hell changed him.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by La Fayette on 02-26-2001 09:46 AM

1 row of 10 shields costs 25 gold (price per shield: 2,5). If you are more patient (or not quite as rich, and building in a city that is able to produce 5 shields/turn), you can build 5 shields and buy the remaining 5 for a cost of 10 gold (price per shield: 2).
        Method #1 (rushbuild warriors, then all the rest stepwise in 1 turn) gives a caravan in 1 turn for a price of 150 gold (and 5 shields "lost").
        Method #2 (start building warriors, then rushbuild stepwise) gives a caravan in 2 turns for a price of 110 gold (+ 5 shields used + 5 shields "lost").
        Method #3 (start building warriors, then rushbuild stepwise to row #4, then build row #5 in 2 turns) gives a caravan in 3 turns for a price of 85 gold (+ 15 shields used).
        Method #4 (start building warriors, then buy the remaining 5 shields and start building a phalanx, ... and so on) gives a caravan in 6 turns for a price of 40 gold (+ 30 shields used)
        Method #5 (no rushbuilding) gives a caravan in 10 turns for a price of 0 gold and 50 shields.

[/quote]
        Sorry, I wrote it wrong from memory: the remaining 5 shields in a row of 10 cost 11 gold. Hence the table is as follows (building a caravan; number of turns=column 1; price in gold=column 2; number of shields used=column 3; number of shields lost=column 4):
        1;150;0;5
        2;111;5;5
        3;86;15;0
        6;44;30;0
        10;0;50;0

(if I were Tonic, I would draw a chart , but I'm not THAT clever)

------------------
        aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
        X